Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimk49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Gfic keeps tripping
    Gfic keeps tripping ? The wiring sequence is from the box to the gfic to an oulet to a switch to light fixture #1 to light fixture # 2 using 12/2 with ground. Thanks jimk49
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2007, 03:44 AM
    May be necessary to disconnect the last device and try the GFI, to find the section or device that is causing it to trip. Keep disconnecting one at a time until the tripping stops.

If the lights are outdoor, I would suspect moisture or corrosion in one of them to be the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Treadmill Tripping Breaker [ 21 Answers ]

We just bought a new mid-range treadmill rated for 11 amps. Our house is relatively new (about 2 years) and the electrical was checked for code by a home inspector when we purchased the house. The treadmill manual stated it was required that it be plugged into a single outlet surge suppressor...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Question on proper use of GFIC breaker [ 1 Answers ]

I had some outdoor receptacles recently installed and would like to know if it is proper to put a GFIC breaker in the panel for this circuit and will it protect the receptacles from shorting instead of putting a GFIC receptacle in the circuit?

Zanussi dryer tripping fuses [ 1 Answers ]

I have a zanussi condeser dryer that was working fine, but now suddenly every time I switch it on it trips the fuse box, any ideas why? Thanks Paula

A/c power breaker tripping [ 2 Answers ]

I have dual a/c units to control the upstairs and downstairs of my residence. I have isolated my problem of no cold air to the breaker panel. I need help identifying what the possible reasons may be for the breaker tripping. There are two breakers (one coming directly from the a/c units with a...

View more questions Search