Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dellicate Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2015, 05:25 PM
    Air conditioner Toyota has been hot lately
    Toyota corolla 2003, haven't had this problem before. What will I need to do to have the guy fix it, have to call my guy.

Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2015, 06:15 PM
    "What will I need to do to have the guy fix it". Too many variables for just what it needs. Typically a crack in the evaporator, condenser or leaking line.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2015, 05:09 AM
    With the engine running, turn the AC on max. If the under hood lines and receiver/dryer don't get real cold, you have a refrigeration problem. In this case, you'll have to have the system checked out for leaks and manifold pressures.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2015, 10:07 AM
    I have found most common on these is the magnetic clutch relay quit working. It's located under the hood in the fuse and relay box. It's cheap enough at the auto parts store to try yourself. Be sure all power is off when doing the R&R.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2015, 01:26 PM
    Air conditioning problems are expensive to fix mostly because finding problems is very time consuming (time is money) and blame the EPA for making much of the involved costs for equipment. Legal requirements, procedures and supplies very expensive. Sometimes you get lucky and its something simple or cheap and easy.

Trust me...I went and got a license to have cheaper access to everything I need to do my own work on my own Antique vehicles. I know what's involved. There are crooks out there....but its expensive even at the honest ones.

Last year for grins I took Dodge Truck fleet vehicle to the Dodge dealer for A/C work....they couldn't find what was wrong, Took it to a Merchants tire....they wanted $1,250. Keep in mind I already knew what was wrong before taking it in (took me all of 10 minutes to figure it out). It was a $175 part (Retail price) that could be replaced in 1/2 hour without special tools....half that time with them.

Couldn't find a shop that would replace just the part it needed (clutch coil went bad). Found a Used compressor for $50 pulled the coil from that AND had it replaced in the installed compressor in 45 minutes taking my time....worked like a charm the rest of the season before I turned the truck in. Company paid me overtime to fix it myself. Cost the company less than $200 total to have me do the complete job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Window air conditioner blows cold air, but the frame/body is VERY hot. [ 1 Answers ]

The air conditioner has been working great and is still blowing out very cold air. The fan is blowing hot air from the rear correctly. The problem is, the compressor is VERY hot and that heat is transferring to the body/frame of the unit. The window sill and entire air conditioner frame is red hot,...

Air conditioner is down and it's hot here in TEXAS [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with my A/C unit and trying to figure out what's wrong with it. The outside unit is running and so is the inside unit, but I noticed that there is water present on outside and also leaking into pan on inside unit. There is air blowing out of the vent but not as strong as it...

2008 honda civic air conditioner problems, air flow hot only when standing still fan [ 1 Answers ]

My 2008 Honda Civic was having air conditioner problems, there is cold air when moving but when standing still hot air comes out. Had fan replaced but problem still exists now now engine will not start. Electric windows work and lights.

Just replaced thermostat and now york air conditioner blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

Just changed broken honeywell thermostat with same model. Turned it on to cool, and now the system seems to be reversed? Thermostat set to cool, but outside the freon pipes are very hot to touch and wind coming out of top is cool. Hot air is coming out of vents as if the heat were switched on. ...

View more questions Search