Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesman9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Local Area Connection
    I have had my PC for about 2 years now , unfortunately on AOL!

I keep getting a "Local Area Connection3" cable is unplugged , which I presume is either my phone line or the usb from my modem??

This is literally every 2 minutes and it's a real pain..

Also AOL is going mad as well , my PC keeps crashing ( the screen goes blue , and advises that the system has a serious error , and must close down... dumps the physival memory etc... )

When I can get back on the net it says that AOL software caused a serious error!

Anyone KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! LOL

IS IT JUST A NEW CABLE THAT IS REQUIRED? AS I WANT TO GO WIRELESS AS I HAVE A LAPTOP ALSO?

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS N GALS!

Simon
    daytona1969 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
    First, unless there is a real reason to have said "AOL software" installed, which there probably isn't, get rid of it. If there is, re-install it. You may also have problems with the uninstall of the AOL software locking up, if so, ctrl/alt/delete will give you the option to see if the program is actually responding, if it is, give it time, as the uninstall is a sloww process, if it is not, it will say "program not responding" right click on unresponsive program and select "End program" the try uninstalling again, this usually works. I have to do this almost every time I come across this AOL issue. Anyway, expect errors but patience and persistence is the key. As for your connection, is it ADSL? Also, we need to know for sure if problem local area connection is actually for your USB Modem... try unplugging cable to be sure, look for cable unplugged almost immediately when you do it, you can plug and unplug a few times in a row to be sure. If it is the correct connection we can continue:..
    Do you lose internet connectivity when the "cable unplugged" issue happens? Does it try to redial? If all of the above is true... it could possibly just be your modem or problem with the line... or if you are using phone filters, be very sure these are installed correctly and working... they can be a real pain. The other possibility is the USB ports powering down which will give you these issues... Well, we can start here anyway.. hope this helps.:D
    daytona1969 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 02:59 PM
    """"Also, we need to know for sure if problem local area connection is actually for your USB Modem... try unplugging cable to be sure, look for cable unplugged almost immediately when you do it, you can plug and unplug a few times in a row to be sure."""

~~~You can effectively do the above by powering down your modem (Switch, pull plug) and watching connection icon. I should stress the fact that one shouldn't manually unplug a usb device, it should be powered down before removing. You may also want to try another USB port.~~~
    motormover Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Hi I had this problem it turn out to be the phone line
    Tree7979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Daytona1969 do you still have the Scott superman light fixture
    ionamartin123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2013, 03:30 AM
    When the software is to be installed suddenly you close the system some problem occur.
    Maria_26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 01:39 PM
    If you are getting a message "Local Area Connection 3 " is unplugged or Network cable unplugged, it has just something to do on the cable plugged in to the computer. Check the cables connected to the computer and make sure that they are properly connected to the port as it might be that the cable is just losing the connection on the back of the computer.
    Regarding the AOL software on the computer, that is just part of the programs installed on the computer and is nothing to do on the exact error message that you are getting. But if you want to get rid of the AOL on your computer, try to go to the programs on the control panel and remove it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eliminating unused local area network icon [ 3 Answers ]

I have a laptop that I use exclusively with my wireless network at home. I have the wireless network icon in the lower right corner of my screen with the green broadcast signal showing a connection. I had to do some phone tech support troubleshooting yesterday, and they had me plug in the laptop...

Local area network [ 1 Answers ]

How can I access to a computer connected with my computer by lan?

How to make networking faster in local area network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, C I am managing about 20 systems in LAN but everyone complaints me that sharing is too slow and opens very late after clicking it . I am really fed up of this issue . Can you please help me out . Is there any useful solution for this issue :(

PHP Connection Problem with ODBC After Moving out from Local Machine [ 7 Answers ]

In the following, Section 1 was my original code. The php code connected with an Access file was running Apache server in my local machine, and they did work fine. However, after moving the php and Access file to a web server, and changed $db='W:\\EmpRosterDev\\UserDB.mdb'; in the php, it gets...

Can't find local area code [ 4 Answers ]

I can't find local area code when setting up AOL. The set-up disk has been used before with no problem on other PCs. Just installed XP Pro with SP2 the modem does connect using AOL 800 number but can't find 661 area code to set up local connection. AOL no help

View more questions Search