Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nflyte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2018, 08:58 PM
    Oatey sure vent
    I had a rough in done in my basement that allows for my washing machine , a small sink, toilet and shower. They installed a vent pipe coming up through the floor connected to the rough in bellow the floor that was meant to go to the main stack but due to location of the stack it would be to costly and trouble through a brick wall, etc. Will the oatey sure vent 20 service my situation. I was also told the vent can be used as a wet vent for my furnace.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 10, 2018, 03:45 PM
    Hi Nflyte

I would suggest installing two of these oatey sure vents. If there is only one vent pipe coming up then that pipe must be for the lavatory and it must act as a WET VENT for the toilet, the shower and the sink... install one oatey sure vent under the vanity base at least 6 inches higher than the ptrap of the sink (must be accessible to swap out should it be needed in the future). Install the second oatey sure vent at the washing machine at a height at least 6 inches above the washing machine ptrap or 6 inches above the top of the washer. The stand pipe coming out of the patrap should be 24-30" tall. That should do it!

I am unclear on what you are talking about with the furnace? Please clarify...

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2018, 07:59 PM
    Mark, furnace could be condensate line for A C or on a condensing furnace?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oatey in line vent for sewage pump in the basement [ 14 Answers ]

I am in th process of adding a basement bathroom in my house.I have hired a lic plumber. The plumber is running vent line to the sink the toilet and the shower (Lets call it vent line 1).He than connects this vent line 1 to the vent line coming out of the sewage ejector pump (Vent line 2).He...

Oatey Drain fitting [ 6 Answers ]

I am installing a shower pan using an Oatey threaded drain fitting. It came with a rubber washer. Does this rubber washer go underneath the shower drain pan? I can't imagine it goes on top, because I intend to use silicone under the top. Also, the threads in the female part of the fitting...

Oatey Sure-Vent and a gurgling toilet [ 6 Answers ]

I have 4 of the Oatey Sure-Vent Air Admittance Valves which are rated at 20 DFUs each. When the washing machine drains it causes two toilets to gurgle. Is there a way to know if one has gone bad? Is there a way to know if they were installed properly. Any other pointers to give to relieve...

Oatey Sure-Vent [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are adding a 1/2 bath to a remodeled attached garage. We are looking for venting options as we would have to put a stack vent for sewer In the outer most point of the front of our home. We will have our washing machine Waste, a vessel sink and toilet to vent. Do you feel that...

Oatey 42150 [ 2 Answers ]

I will be installing a new acrylic shower pan and have a question regarding the Oatey 42150 no-caulk drain. It says it mounts from above the pan but do you have to attach the drain to the pan and tighten the nut before you put the pan in place or can everything be done with the pan in place?...

View more questions Search