Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djlproctor100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2014, 05:21 PM
    How Long is the needle that is used in a lumbar epidural injection procedure
    My husband is having a lumbar epidural injection for his joint pain at his neurologist and he is worried about the length of the needle. I think he is just being a big baby.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 05:28 PM
    It's a very, very fine needle. He might even be anesthetized or at least numbed. Has he asked the doctor about all that will be done?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 05:42 PM
    He'll be given a small injection to numb the area first so he shouldn't even feel it going in other than perhaps some pressure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 12:59 AM
    Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injections for Low Back Pain and Sciatica

Enjoy the video
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 9, 2014, 06:10 AM
    Hi. Don't trivialize your husband's fear, he could have a legitimate fear of needles and you're making fun of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Epidural injection of the c-spine [ 5 Answers ]

I recently had a cortisone epidural injection. Levels c3, c4, c5, c6 and c7 are bulging , have bone spurs and of course narrowing of the nerve openings due to the bulging. I also have degenerative disc disease. I have had several surgeries in the lower back.. rods, screws, basket.. several levels...

How long does it take to become pregnant after the depo needle? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 years old and I've been on the needle over a year, but I was still having a period every month with it even as soon as I had the shot a few days later I would be bleeding. I went to the doctors and spoke about it and he advised me to come off the depo been as I've not gained abit of weight...

How long can you keep driving after the needle hits the 'E'? [ 17 Answers ]

Don't know if the kind of car makes a difference but I have a 1999 plymouth neon. I was curious how much gas I really have left if hypothetically the needle is on E, and I have no money on me and I have a 17 mile drive home from here? Hypothetically of course. Im not dumb enough to forget my wallet...

View more questions Search