Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bauke73 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Hampton Bay CF: fan works, lights don't
    I hung a hampton bay ceiling fan (Huntington III), controlled by a simple single light switch, and the fan works well, but the lights do not work at all. I wired white to white, black to black, green and blue to outlet box ground. I am guessing that it's a manufacturer's defect, since it is getting power to run the fan, but could I have screwed up?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Blue connects to black.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php
    Bauke73 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Blue ground to black does it. Thanks! (blush)
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
    No problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Outdoor Lights [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I cannot figure out why my Hampton Bay outdoor lights will not turn off when I set them to auto-off after two hours. They stay on all the time now.

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

Hampton Bay fan, lights stay on? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a Hampton Bay remote controlled fan with upper and lower lights The problem is the remote will not turn off or on the lower lights My dad found this out when he tried to turn off the light last night, it stayed on until I could unscrew the bulbs. I tried the battery its good and...

View more questions Search