Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nottaxsavy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 10:29 AM
    efile sent and wrong information on return. How does 1040x fix these
    I was told by IRS to do a 1040x form, but I do not understand the form and my problem is that I put my 1099R on the wages line and not on the proper line for my husband's pension or my retirement 401K disbursement to me. Also, I put the wrong federal id # on one of my W2. How do I fix this. My return was submitted, the amounts I submitted are correct, but I do not want to have misinformation or tax taken out that our pension or retirements should not have by not getting them on the right line. This was done on an online tax efile site, so I can't change it now.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Okay, filing a Form 1040X IS a solution, but you may need professional help to fix it.

You can also wait for the IRS to discover the problem and send you a notice, then you provide copies of the Form 1099-R and W-2 to correct the rpoblem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to return portion of refund where do I enter original refund on 1040x? [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem completing 2010 1040x I forgot to include a 1099 and will now have to pay part of my refund back (sample original refund $500 s/b $400), Do I put the original refund that I am to receive from IRS on 1040x line 14? I will pay IRS before due date the $100.00 to avoid late...

Samsung dryers information on how to fix them [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Samsung dryer model dv665jw/xhc and there is no heat

Information annual return of company [ 2 Answers ]

I want 2 know about annual return of the company and why we prepared it

Form 1040X - Amended tax return for tax credit - lines 18-24 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question about filling out the tax form 1040X. I am trying to apply for the first time home buyer tax credit. I have filled out form 5405, but need to complete filling out form 1040X but I can not get the numbers to add up. I need help understanding what I should put on lines 18-20....

MFS-1040X(MFJ) to get RRC but how we explain RRC in 1040X? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I filed MFS to get RRC (my spouse's ITIN disqualified last year). My tax software said I am qualified for $600 if I file MFS, so "STEP 1" seems to work. But, my tax software put $600 on line 15 column A and -$600 on column B in Form 1040X, which means I eventually do not get any...

View more questions Search