Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lreeas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 06:54 PM
    Failed dot drug test
    Is yhere a company anywhere that will give an otherwise excellent driver a second chance?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2010, 07:41 PM

Not likely... they, and their insurance carrier, don't want the liability. For many, a failed drug test, or something like a DUI, is an automatic career ender.

Have you recently been with a company? If so, you may inquire if they have a program available to perhaps help your report.
    generalp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Its 3yrs. Afte the failed test.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by generalp View Post
    its 3yrs. afte the failed test.
    Hello generalp:

You're not saying, are you, that a company CAN'T use a 3 year old failed drug test, when considering a new applicant?? Dude!! That's nuts! Are you on drugs??

excon
    generalp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2010, 07:55 AM
    Read the pre-hire questionairre for the trucking companies, they mostly all say no drug est failures within 3 yrs. DUDE!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by generalp View Post
    read the pre-hire questionairre for the trucking companies, they mostly all say no drug est failures within 3 yrs. DUDE!!!
    Hello again, general:

MOST of 'em, huh? Then you and I agree. A trucking company CAN use a failed drug test NO MATTER when it happened... Dude!

excon
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2010, 06:52 PM

They can use a past failed drug test, and they do use it, for as long as they choose to. The op didn't mention when this failed test took place, but it will likely follow him on his DAC report for a very long time. If nothing else, any major company he tries to apply to will want to contact his past employer.
    One of the biggest issues can be with insurance concerns. Larger companies have no need to take any chances.
    The op, and others in a similar situation, might find better odds by applying to smaller, more local trucking companies. Especially if he/she hasn't been driving for awhile since major companies will usually want recent OTR driving experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Failed dot drug test [ 20 Answers ]

after 20 years of driving does 1/2 joint seven days before failed random finish career as driver?& if so .how stupid will all this b.s. be when they finally legalize pot for personal off duty use. Rite now if I was a raging alcoholic I'd be working! Funny rite?

Prescribed Lortab 7.5 but having an airline dot/faa drug test? [ 1 Answers ]

I am scheduled to have lapriscopic surgery to repair a hiatal hernia and prevent acid reflux. The doctor has presribed lortab 7.5 for post op pain. I am in the process of changing jobs from one airline to another airline. The new airline I will be working for is going to be sending me for a...

Failed drug test [ 5 Answers ]

On probation for DUI in FLA. Took drug test last week. Probably tested positive for cocaine. They used a panel test and made me wait, but said nothing of the results. Then, they told me to dump the remaining urine in toilet, throw the cup in garbage and leave. Would they revoke without...

View more questions Search