Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellygervais Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Kenmore elite duel range oven will not work
    The temperature is set and clicks but will not heat up. Is there something I can check?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Have you checked the cal rod heating units?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
    You will need to use a meter to find out what the problem is. Check breaker to ovens and if not tripped turn off. Then pull element out enough so you can check it with a meter. Make sure to remove one wire and with meter set to "ohms" check the continuity of that element. You should get a low number like 20-40 Ω . If the element check out then reattach wire and rest the ends of the element on glass saucers so they will not short out on oven floor. Then turn on breaker and set the oven control to come on. With meter on "volts" check for voltage at the ends of the element. After checking turn off breaker. By now you should know what the problem is. Here is a manual on using a meter: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Whi...e%20Manual.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oven does not work on gas range [ 1 Answers ]

My oven on my gas range has quit working along with the self cleaner. It does not ignite nor do I smell gas,when I use it on bake or self clean, ( before any time I would bake I would always smell gas when first turning on). On the other hand the broiler works just fine. It is not a bottom drawer...

Kenmore elite duel fuel range [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stove that is a kenmore elite duel fuel and it has been converted from a natural gas to an LP, I need to know where I can buy the orifices to convert back to natural. Sears has no parts avaiable for the model # 790.74503992 serial #NF15110427 I talked to every appliance person out there...

Duel fuel range oven works intermittently [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE duel fuel range. The gas burners work fine, but the oven/broiler will only work intermittently. I have been told that there may be a Sabboth setting on this model, that locks the touch pad. I am having a hard time finding a GE repairman, and apparently only GE repairmen can repair GE...

View more questions Search