Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loupi01 Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 08:45 PM
    Outdoor Hot Tub (Spa)
    What is the mininum distance I can have a receptacle from the hot tub.

Thanks,
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 09:30 PM
    Receptacles and / or switches need to be 5' from the inner surface of the hot tub... so you can't reach without getting out of the hot tub. Although NOT required at that distance, a GFCI receptacle would be a good idea.

May 17, 2010, 09:32 PM
    Thanks for the quick response
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 09:42 PM
    I forgot to ask... is this indoors or outdoors? If outdoors, it MUST be a GFCI.

May 17, 2010, 10:20 PM
    It is outdoors and will be GFCI

Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring SPA/Hot tub [ 18 Answers ]

I am contemplating installing a SPA on my back patio slab. My 150 ampere panel is about 100 ft away. My plan is to run 6/3 along my outside eave (does this need to be in conduit?) and down an outside wall to the sub panel, because I live on a slab and do not have any other choice. My dilemma is...

Square D Company spa hot tub breaker 50 amp gfci [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect the wires from the hot tub to the braker, but can not take the braker out of the box. It will pop out on the top but still can not take the whole braker out to connect all the wires, special the white one which goes close to back of the braker.

Items for Wiring 220v Spa/Hot Tub [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know what type of wire to use for wiring a 220v hot tub. The breaker box is in the house, the wire will come through a concrete wall.

Outdoor Spa and lighting [ 1 Answers ]

Dear all, Happy holiday's I have two 40amps in the main box that feeding the AC Unit. I would like to know if its possible and code pass in new Jersey, Piscataway. To tap into that conduit at a junction point and extend the required wires in a conduit 30-40 feet to a Spa 50/AMPS @ 240...

View more questions Search