Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mshathaway Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 03:16 PM
    How do I use computer while running Symantec Firewall
    Each time I sit down at my computer, before doing anything; emails, web surf, etc. I must turn off this Firewall for a period. I'm afraid to do this because of not being protected, but I can't do games or any of the above until it's turned off. Any idears folks?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 03:34 PM

Don't understand why you are having problems with your firewall. I have Norton Internet Security with a firewall and have no problems. Do you have another firewall such as Microsoft firewall running as well?

Exactly what program is the firewall?

Aug 8, 2009, 06:09 PM

Thx for the reply Twinkie. I've used Norton for several yrs. And never had this problem. Have just moved, so have a new cable co.. Am going to call them with the problem.

I do have Windows Firewall also, but it is disabled, along with the Norton Firewall. It's a real puzzle to me.

Will write when I get an answer. Thanks again.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 07:11 PM

Odd that you should be having firewall problems if you turned off the Windows Firewall.

Do you have the newest Norton, the 2009 version? I had the 2008 version and renewed my subscription by purchasing a brand new Norton CD and installed that version which is completely different from the 2008 version!

Aug 11, 2009, 07:05 AM

You know Twinkie, I think you've got it! I do have the 2008 version, but I also believe that my ISP is probably provideing another firewall and maybe that's the problem... Good grief, who knows.

Thanks. Ms H
    quilla lendon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 06:45 AM

Ineed my password and e mail address
    quilla lendon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 06:46 AM
    I forgot my password for [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting computer games with Symantec Endpoint [ 2 Answers ]

I have Symantec Endpoint Antivirus software on my computer. I play starcraft on here and have been playing fine for a few years. My problem is hosting games on it. I have had a wireless connection for the past 3 years and I know how to open the specific ports, 6112, to let my host games. I recently...

Computer running way too slow [ 9 Answers ]

My other computer just crashed.. it was a hand me down. NOW I'M USING MY OLD COMPUTER MY SISTER USED BEFORE SHE GOT A LAPTOP. (opps caps lock) Any way I have a lot of school work to get done and being an very impatient person my computer is running way to slow... to the point where I just say...

Firewall will not permit 2nd house computer with router [ 44 Answers ]

I have a computer in another room, linked to the main computer with a wireless router. I have no idea how to tell the firewall about this particular computer, and distinguish it from a possible hacker computer. I get many messages, but I cannot tell one IP address from another... I do not...

HELP! Symantec Antivirus 10 CHANGES User's Documents link in My Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed Symantec Antivirus 10.0.1.1000 Client on my computer and noticed something strange. In "My Computer" there are all the partitions and two Documents folders: Shared Documents and PIRATA!'s Documents (in my case my user is called PIRATA!) If you double click on it you will see...

Computer running very slow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive already run all the major Spyware checkers and found nothing using Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy. Also ran the scan within the latest ZoneAlarm and TrendMicro Anti-Virus. Here is my Hijack log. Computer is only 3 months old 3.0 Ghz. ...

View more questions Search