Ask
    Nicholemoppin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 08:16 PM
    Bye¡!!
    Nicholemoppin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2015, 08:44 PM
    I miss my baby boy!.
    The state of Nevada tremated my perentel rights to my son! So
    Who can I contact for any helpful information?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2015, 09:11 PM
    Tough position to be in. I can't imagine. However there was probably a reason for it. And you need to also consider the child and the confusion and stress it would bring to his life. Not really sure what the right answer would be here.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 09:22 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ml#post3732210

Have you contacted the state of Nevada? What have they told you if you have?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 09:26 PM
    Was it a closed adoption, an open adoption? That matters. If it was a closed adoption, you'll likely have to wait until he turns 18 and hope he decides to find his birth parents.

Why do you need to find him now, almost 12 years after you put him up for adoption? What's the urgency?
    Pets Expert

Jun 15, 2015, 09:30 PM
    Judging by your other post, you gave your son up for adoption in 2003. You did not mention in your other post that your rights were terminated. Do you know who adopted him? Was the adoption an open adoption?

You may be his birth mother, but you're no longer his legal mother. For the last 12 years he's lived with people that he considers his parents. Why do you want to jeopardize that? It wouldn't be for his well being. Are you doing this for him, or you?

You really should ask yourself that question.

Missing him is not a good enough reason to disrupt his life, and at this point, 12 years later, after having your rights terminated, you won't get him back. The very best you can hope for is that his parents agree to allow you to be in his life, and he actually wants to be in your life. The ball's in their court, not yours.

Good luck.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 16, 2015, 04:21 AM
    It appears you edited your original post. How can we help you if you remove information?

Is Alty correct that this happened in 2003? How old was he then? Why were your parental rights terminated? Have you changed your life so that the reason for termination is no longer an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholemoppin View Post
    The state of Nevada tremated my perentel rights to my son! So
    Who can I contact for any helpful information?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2015, 05:05 AM
    So what appears to be the situation here is you came to us for help and gave some info. Then you did not get the responses you wanted so, in a fit of piqué, you edited the original post to remove your question.

We are here to provide relevant advice, not to give you the answers you want to hear. And you have gotten good advice so far.

The bottom line is that the state terminated your rights. Therefore you have no legal ties to your son. You have NO right to be a part of his life unless HE chooses that you should be. The state is unlikely to provide you with this information, but the agency that terminated your rights is the place to go to.

What I would suggest is that you register at any of the several sites that work to connect adopted children and their birth parents. You can list the details for the adoption, his birth date, etc and post a place for him to contact you if he wishes to. That's the best you can do.
    Pets Expert

Jun 18, 2015, 10:08 PM
    Wish I had quoted her posts before replying. You should all get the jist of it by what I wrote in my responses. The first post I saw of hers, asked how to find her son that was adopted. The second post gave more info, that her parental rights were terminated and her child was adopted in 2003. He's now 11 years old.

From what I remember, her son was an infant when adopted in 2003.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 24, 2015, 12:04 PM
    If your son is still a minor, we cannot help you search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopted Son-Help! [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I adopted my nice and nephew 12 years ago. The girl has ben with us since birth. The Son has been off and on since birth until he turned 4yrs. Old the he came to live with us so he could start school. He has been definent toward me eversince he has lived with us and still is that...

Some one adopted my son [ 5 Answers ]

My son is 3 years old. I didn't know about that he was mine or see him until he was a little over 2 and a half years old. The mother only recently told me that he could be mine and that I had no legal rights to my son. Her wife/civil union partner adopted him. What can I do I did the DNA test and...

Help me find out my son's adopted name? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out my sons adopted name

Adopted son [ 2 Answers ]

I put my son up for adoption at the age of 18 he would be twenty six years old now and was born August sixth of 1985 at river side hospital in wichita ks and he went to a family in California

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search