Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dracofam2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:50 AM
    93 Jeep Grand cherokee Laredo Security system
    I have a 93laredo that I have gotten from an auction and it did not come with the remotes for the alarm system and we have done everything that we can think of to trick the system so we can start it.
    I have located the alarm box in the dash and have unhooked it and the jeep still will not start.
    What can I do to get it to start and stay running without the alarm or how do I disable it?
    jeepman101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Hey what up. I had this problum with my 93 jeep grand cherokee limited and I tried everything to, but if you stick you key in the door and unlock it, the security system should shut off. Sound messed up but it worked for me.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:49 AM

You might have to go to the dealer and purchase one of the key fobs. My 1994 had a dead key fob when I bought it and the dealer wanted $125 for ONE key fob. It's worth the price because if you change out the battery for instance or unhook the battery when you hook it back up the car alarm will scream it's head off until you use the key fob and turn it off. Oh, just as an aside, had my car been a 1995 the key fob would have cost me a mere $30. You may just be another lucky reciepent of a $125 key fob as well. Oh, they are not available on the aftermarket either. Dealer item only unfortunately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An overheating jeep grand cherokee ltd [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee ltd... now the problem is that it does over heat and the antifreeze will boil in the reservoir what's the cause I don't know... I was wandering if you guys will know what the problem is and how to fix it. Any suggestions ,advice or feedback would be great!

93 jeep grand cherokee security system [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any way to by pass the security system on a 93 jeep cherokee, I just got one and can not keep it running, the security system keeps shutting it down

93 jeep grand cherokee [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a cherokee and it did not come with a manual... my question is where can I find a diagram for the fuse box? Also, the running light in the back does not work and I have tried new bulbs they won't work in it either, what should I do to get it fixed? Not trying to get pulled over for...

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee [ 2 Answers ]

I plan to replace the valve seals in this jeep, it is a 4.0 liter. I want to re-verify which is the exhaust and the intake valves. Looking from the passenger side of the car which is the first valve? Or am I SOL until I pull the valve cover?:o

View more questions Search