Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikbenwp Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Transfer probation
    I have posted a couple of times, but I was wondering about this. I spoke with the po here in Illinois about getting a travel pass for a month to go to Utah. He said that would be fine but I have to see him first. The question is this, once I am out in Utah could I go to the probation department and see if they will accept my probation. I am going to ask the probation here in IL to transfer it, and I already wrote a letter to probation in Ut, but I am waiting to send once the paper work goes through. Do you think it would be beneficial to do this go and visit the probation department in ut, and if so what kinds of things could I say to them?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikbenwp
    I have posted a couple of times, but I was wondering about this. I spoke with the po here in Illinois about getting a travel pass for a month to go to Utah. He said that would be fine but I have to see him first. The question is this, once I am out in Utah could I go to the probation department and see if they will accept my probation. I am going to ask the probation here in IL to transfer it, and I already wrote a letter to probation in Ut, but I am waiting to send once the paper work goes through. Do you think it would be beneficial to do this go and visit the probation department in ut, and if so what kinds of things could I say to them?

I see you have already been transferred from Virginia to Illinois.

What procedure did you follow then?

Also, there is a "sticky" about transferring probation - at the head of this board.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
    No, you can not just go to the Utah probation, iin fact that could well hurt your transfer chances, since they will wonder why you are there already.

First Utah will not even be asked until your current state approves you to leave, then the other state will be asked and it will be their state office, not a local probation office that is asked
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Chuck is right on this. You can't just present yourself to Utah Probation Office and expect them to immediately approve of transfer. If you have already transferred to a different state, I think your chances of another transfer would be very nil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Transfer [ 5 Answers ]

I recently put in a request to transfer my probation from Texas to New Mexico and they haven't answered our request yet.What could be taking them so long?

Probation Transfer [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is on county probation in tn and ask her probation officer if she could transfer to nc where I live and was told she had to pay all her fine off before she could get transferred.she is on mis. Charges.can you transfer without paying your fines off.can't u pay them off from where you...

Probation transfer [ 2 Answers ]

Need to know if I can transfer my probation to North Carolina from Michigan.I need the site to do my applocation and I have two assalt charges and 18 mouths probation

Can probation be moved from state to state?

My wife and I received probation.We had to accept a plea agreement and 2 felony 4's.All allegations of dangerous crimes against children have been lifted.Our 3 children live in Maryland with a relative.This relative doesn't want us to get our children back.We lost our infant son in March 1999.We...

View more questions Search