Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crespojason Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Thermostat does not control AC
    I cannot get my thermostat to operate my AC, AC will turn on when breaker is tripped but does not turn off through control of thermostat I have tried rewiring and still noting happens how do you connect a thermostat to ac unit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:39 AM
    First of all check to be sure your contactor/starter is not welded/stuck together outside. That will cause the outside unit to run all the time.

Need model number and brand of thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need an accurate control thermostat [ 28 Answers ]

Our heat pump contractor recently replaced their first thermostat with a Totaline Model P286-1500, setup for 1 Stage Cooling/ 2 Stage Heat. The O/B/W goes to HP Changeover Valve, Y1 to HP Comressor and W2 to Oil Furnace. This results with HP being off it's heating cycle while Oil Furnace is on....

How can I add fan control for my thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I used to have a covensional 2 wire mercury thermostat and have recently upgraded to a digital thermostat that supports more options including being able to turn the fan on automatically. I want to be able to turn just the fan on and not the whole furnace so I can get better air circulation in...

Temperature control/thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Our new home of approximately 2000 sq. ft. has two heating sources, a heat pump for the upstairs and a gas furnace for the first floor. We do not have a basement. The stairway is open to a second floor loft with two bedrooms and a bath enclosed. I have set back thermostats on both heaters. I am...

View more questions Search