Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juanrigo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Honeywell 7400 to replace a weathertron Baystat240
    I replaced the weathertron baystat240 with the honeywell 7400. Taped off the brown (T) cable and the rest went in their corresponding letters. After setting up the system nothing happens.
    It does not run. My system is a trane XE1000 Heat pump
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Was the brown wire being used in your baystst240? If so trace it back to your air handler what was it attached to? If you need it and don`t have a place in the 7400 for it, you`ve probably can`t use the honeywell tstat,, also check to see that you haven`t blown the transformer,, hope not
    juanrigo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
    WMproop Thanks for your answer.
    Yes the brown was used on T. What I found out is that the fuse was blown so that is why it did not work. I replaced the fuse and now it is working properly.
    I have one more question I'm planning on changing the Baystat 305 which only has 4 wires coming in. Which programmable thermostat would you recommend?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baystat240 to honeywell rth6300b thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to change my old baystat240 thermostat to a honeywell rth6300b thermostat. I am not sure where I should be placing the old wires from since there are more than I expected. The Baystat had 8 wires R-Red T-Brown O-Orange G-Green Y-Yellow X2-black B-Blue

Honeywell RTH 7400 ?temp. Diff. Setting [ 3 Answers ]

:cool: I installed a Honeywell RTH7400 therm. Today and my heatpump is continuesly cycling on, is there any way to change the temperature differential setting on this unit

Weathertron BAYSTAT240 [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a Weathertron thermostat BAYSTAT240; 3AAT80B1A1 with a Honeywell CT70A. The wiring identification are different. Is there a schematic anywhere to show the Weathertron wiring to letter code? Booz3

BAYSTAT240 to Honeywell TH8320 Conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to switch my BAYSTAT240 thermostat to a Honeywell vision pro 8000 (TH8320U1008). My old settings were: O: Orange G: Green Y: Yellow X2: Connected to white along with W B: Blue W: (jumpered to U): White

View more questions Search