Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2019, 07:38 PM
    Well, the white folks have not moved out. Amazing how much it takes to get you to simply admit that a great amount of progress has been made.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019, 05:32 AM
    Progress, is that something akin to congress?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2019, 05:03 PM
    The government is shutdown because the dufus wants a wall. What's not known is that for years the cartels have been smuggling drugs and people underground, since the fence was built.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggling_tunnel

US–Mexico[edit]

As of September 30, 2015, 183 illicit cross-border tunnels have been discovered in the United States since Fiscal Year 1990.[6]
    Today I watched as a reporter for MSNBC go down a 70 foot deep tunnel from Mexico headed for the US, under highways and airports. Everywhere in the world where there is a wall, there are tunnels being dug.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The government is shutdown because the dufus wants a wall. What's not known is that for years the cartels have been smuggling drugs and people underground, since the fence was built.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggling_tunnel
    Surely then there are other weapons to stop the tunnel builders, an inventive nation like US should have high tech weapons, but then maybe they are only good at building flying bricks. The Philippines has the right idea start executing drug dealers and drug smugglers, eventually you will have less of them and why not attack the source of supply instead of enabling it

Today I watched as a reporter for MSNBC go down a 70 foot deep tunnel from Mexico headed for the US, under highways and airports. Everywhere in the world where there is a wall, there are tunnels being dug.
    And what is obvious is someone knows where these are
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2019, 06:56 PM
    Walls do not make illegal entry impossible. They make illegal entry more difficult. That is true everywhere there are walls. People manage to break out of prisons, so I guess we just need to do away with walls around prisons. Is that how your logic works?
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2019, 12:22 AM
    No my logic works as stop locking up people for minor crimes and deal severely with those who don't respect others.
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2019, 05:37 AM
    No my logic works as stop locking up people for minor crimes and deal severely with those who don't respect others.
    That's funny. You go from talking about walls to talking about minor crimes, and you call that logic? Walls work. They are used everywhere. They don't work perfectly in the same way that door locks and alarm systems don't work perfectly. Nothing will completely stop illegal immigration, but the wall will slow it down enormously. If people have to go from simply walking across the border to having to dig a 300 foot long tunnel, then we have made great progress.
    Expert

Jan 17, 2019, 11:29 AM
    Half the illegals came legally and stayed after their permission expired.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...eland-security

OTTAWA — U.S. President Donald Trump may want to build a wall along the Mexican border, but, in recent years, studies suggest the majority of unauthorized immigrants settling in the U.S.
    have arrived legally
    — not by crossing the border unlawfully.
    5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

The number of unauthorized immigrants living in the United States was lower in 2016 than at any time since 2004. This decline is due mainly to a large drop in the number of new unauthorized immigrants, especially Mexicans, coming into the country.
    About that Northern Wall...!
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2019, 04:25 PM
    The vast, vast majority of illegal immigrants are from south of the border, so why would we need a northern wall?

2012CountryPopulation
    1. Mexico6,720,0002. El Salvador690,0003. Guatemala560,0004. Honduras360,0005. Philippines310,0006. India260,0007. Korea230,0008. China210,0009. Ecuador170,00010. Vietnam160,000All

https://immigration.procon.org/view....ourceID=000845
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 17, 2019, 04:37 PM
    JL, those are figures from 2012 and earlier. The numbers have gone down during the past six years. The big need now is asylum from violence in Central American countries.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2019, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's funny. You go from talking about walls to talking about minor crimes, and you call that logic? Walls work. They are used everywhere. They don't work perfectly in the same way that door locks and alarm systems don't work perfectly. Nothing will completely stop illegal immigration, but the wall will slow it down enormously. If people have to go from simply walking across the border to having to dig a 300 foot long tunnel, then we have made great progress.
    I don't think there is any evidence prison walls work except that they take the criminals out of circulation, but more criminals arise so they do nothing to stop criminality. Undoubtedly border walls have similar effect and undoubtedly building that tunnel is a crime but I have said in another thread create a legal barrier and it will be a detterent
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2019, 08:41 PM
    JL, those are figures from 2012 and earlier. The numbers have gone down during the past six years. The big need now is asylum from violence in Central American countries.
    Not sure that is true, but even if it is, the point was that there is no need to build a wall to keep out those darn Canadians as Tal suggested.

I don't think there is any evidence prison walls work
    There is no evidence prison walls work? Wow. What a statement. I think the fact that they keep the prisoners in is pretty good evidence. No one has suggested anywhere in this thread that prison walls somehow stop "criminality". They do a fantastic job of preventing prisoners from crossing the prison "border".
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2019, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Not sure that is true, but even if it is, the point was that there is no need to build a wall to keep out those darn Canadians as Tal suggested.

There is no evidence prison walls work? Wow. What a statement. I think the fact that they keep the prisoners in is pretty good evidence. No one has suggested anywhere in this thread that prison walls somehow stop "criminality". They do a fantastic job of preventing prisoners from crossing the prison "border".
    Please don't take my words out of context you know very well I said as a deterrent to criminal activity and just maybe the great wall of Trump, not to be confused with making america great, will stop people crossing and act as a deterrent unless you think that the possibility that someone could build a tunnel is an excuse for not doing it at all

Once you keep out Mexicans, you can work on keeping out Canadians and then yippie no one will have to go to america
    mohsin7t6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2019, 02:16 AM
    His base voters, supporters, and sycophants, cherish him for his battling for their motivation and building his divider, and annihilating the administration, and if he doesn't he never again can alarm the repub congress into remaining with him. That is worth more than cash at the present time, in the midst of his significant developing resistance and a national decision approaching in 2020.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2019, 05:49 AM
    I guess I don't get your point. This is your full quote. "I don't think there is any evidence prison walls work except that they take the criminals out of circulation..." Isn't that the same thing as saying that prison walls work and do what they are designed to do? I've never heard anyone say that prison walls will reduce crime. Maybe that's what you were trying to point out and I just missed it.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2019, 06:49 AM
    I speak english and may not easily be understood by someone forced to listen to hyperbole
    Expert

Jan 18, 2019, 10:13 AM
    The hits just keep coming!
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

President Trump on Friday again accused his former personal attorney Michael Cohen of lying to reduce his prison time, after BuzzFeed News reported that federal investigators have evidence he directed Cohen to lie to Congress about plans to build a Trump property in Moscow.
    Could this be obstruction? Suborning perjury?
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2019, 03:48 PM
    Evidence?
    Expert

Jan 18, 2019, 04:33 PM
    Hey enjoy the show, and wait for the next episode!
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2019, 05:42 PM
    Sorry I don't do hyperbole well and comic opera not at all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Message To Trump Supporters [ 256 Answers ]

Remember that wall Trump swore he would make Mexico pay for? Well, like most Trump promises, it was a LIE! He is now demanding that YOU, the American taxpayer, pay for his wall. If you refuse, he threatens to SHUT DOWN the government!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New poll shows Trump supporters live in a DIFFERENT reality than the rest of us.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: They BELIEVE that unemployment went UP during Obama - Nahh.. It went WAYYY down. They BELIEVE that the stock market went DOWN during Obama - Nahhh.. It went WAYYY up. They BELIEVE Clinton LOST the popular vote - Nahhh.. She beat him by 2.7 MILLION votes. An even greater...

View more questions Search