Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waqqymania Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Ramsetu Bridge
    ASSLAMWLAIKUM,
    See there is this friend of mine. I was talking to him and I told him,that, epics are all manmade stories.they are not true as you all think it to be.He told me ,in return that they are true and started taking references which I was hearing from one ear and taking out from the other.He then told me about the "Ramsetu bridge",said that it was built by their so called Hanuman.. ASTAGHFARULLAH3 and his band of monkeys.. for saving Sita when ravan had taken her away with himself away from Ram. Now he told me that the ram setu bridge was then built somewhere between sri lanka and india or something.
    Now he told me some yrs ago scientists made a research and the bridge that was stated in the ramayan did exist even after so mny years.The research was done because some people wanted to break that bridge which is not visible through naked eye,but its actually built internally under water. So through satellite they did do some research and found out that bridge.this has made their thinking and belief more firm.

Now I searched the net and found out that it's is so called true and a research is true. Help me out,I want to give him an answer. This point has made his determination more true and now that he has stated a reference and some other,m not being able to answer.
    If you can , see this point as m not getting a valid answer and its disturbing mee too. The bridge did exist what m I too answer to him now.. if I can't then how will I be able to explain to him.if I myself am not being to answer how can I make the nonbelivers believe and express my views...
    Do look into the matter

FEA MAAN ALLAH
    ASSLAMWLAIKUM!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2009, 09:17 PM

Assalaam alaikum,
    Very interesting topic, it seems there does exist a connection ( I say connection because it has not been proved to be mad made yet )between Sri Lanka and India.

-------
    The article in nationmaster encyclopedia gives more detail on the formation of the bridge.
    NationMaster - Encyclopedia: Ram sethu
    Geology and ecology

Adam's Bridge consists of a series of parallel ledges of sandstone and conglomeration, that is hard at the surface and grows coarse and soft as it descends to sandy banks. In the 19th century, there were two prevalent theories explaining the structure. One considered it to be formed by a process of accretion and rising of the land, while the other surmised that it was formed by the breaking away of Sri Lanka from the Indian subcontinent. The friable calcerous ridges are broken into large rectangular blocks, which perhaps gave rise to the belief that the causeway is an artificial construction.

During periods of lowered sea level over the last 100,000 years, Adam's bridge has provided an intermittent land connection between India and Sri Lanka, which according to famous ornithologists Sidney Dillon Ripley and Bruce Beehler supports the vicariance model for speciation in some birds of the Indian sub-continent.

----The same article also states
    Some archaeologists and geologists have presented differing estimates. Thus, a team from Centre for Remote Sensing (CRS) of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchi led by Professor S.M. Ramasamy in 2003 claimed that the, "Rama's bridge could only be 3,500 years old" and, "as the carbon dating of the beaches roughly matches the dates of Ramayana, its link to the epic needs to be explored".[23] Image File history File links NASA_satellite_photo_of_Rama's_Bridge.. . Image File history File links NASA_satellite_photo_of_Rama's_Bridge.. . Image File history File links No higher resolution available.. . Sethusamudram Shipping Canal Project proposes linking the Palk Bay and the Gulf of Mannar between India and Sri Lanka by creating a shipping canal through the shallow sea sometimes called Setu Samudram, and through the island chain of Ramas Bridge, also known as Adams Bridge.. . For the television series by Ramanand Sagar, see Ramayan (TV series).. . This article is about the American space agency.. .

Such claims were rejected as untenable by experts. NASA distanced itself from the claims saying that what had been captured was nothing more than a 30 km long, naturally-occurring chain of sandbanks called Adam's bridge. It also clarified that, "The images reproduced on the websites may well be ours, but their interpretation is certainly not ours. Remote sensing images or photographs from orbit cannot provide direct information about the origin or age of a chain of islands, and certainly cannot determine whether humans were involved in producing any of the patterns seen" Prof. N. Ramanujam, Head, Post Graduate Department of Geology and Research Centre, V.O. Chidambaram College, astrophysicist Jayant Narlikar and a group of professors of Madurai Kamaraj University stated that Adam's bridge is a natural geographical feature which formed some 17 million years ago.
    -------------------------------------------------

This article says Asia Times Online :: South Asia news - Hindus say don't mess with Rama's Bridge
    "Besides the ASI, historians, geologists, and earth and marine scientists have said the Ram Setu cannot be considered a man-made entity in the absence of material evidence."

Articles on the same topic, an interesting read.
    Adam's Bridge - Rama Sethu.

Wa alaikum salaam
    waqqymania Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 09:08 AM

Assalamoalaikum
    Thnk u so much... its very difficult to get such evidence... but have to get to the bottom of it... & our only source is the Internet... Lets hope & pray that we find somethng better INSHAALLAH
    FI AMAAN ALLAH
    HxtHxt12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 12, 2009, 05:02 PM
    Hi Guys

First of all learn to respect other religions too not only yours. Do not think that only you have religious feelings. But followers of other religion too have religious feelings. Stop discussing on this topic as you know nothing about it. You better start believing and respecting others...

Inshallah
    skyisdbest Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2012, 02:00 AM
    Hindu is d wrlds oldest religeion if you checl ismal,Christian is in the world from last 1000 to 2000 but before this human was on the earth who was they ,they were all hindu.naturally can not create a 120 km straight road between India and Lanka. You know USA and others country that how Indians Hindus calender know about the universe and books of hindus already know about every movement of earth ,apocalyse and more. NASA also going to convert his computer languange into Sanskrit(Hindus old Language). According to NASA Sanskrit is the worlds best language.Hindus always need peace, development ,Humanity and respect otheres culture ,religion.Hindu is the nature of Humanity nothing else... read the history
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Dec 11, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Like HxtHxt said, respect all religion and treat them as equal,, even I can questions against the existence of Allah and Prophet Mohammad? Prophet Mohammad was a self proclaimed messenger right? How can you prove that he was indeed Allah's messenger?

I have searched the internet for the story behind allah,, like the stories of Shri Rama that you are trying to prove wrong,, but I am unable to find any,, why is that? All I am getting is Prophet Mohammad, the messenger,, so, what is the origin for Allah? Allah just means God... there is no proof for his existence,,
    Ref-wiki:
    In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was used by Meccans as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.[21] Allah was not considered the sole divinity; however, Allah was considered the creator of the world and the giver of rain. The notion of the term may have been vague in the Meccan religion.[8] Allah was associated with companions, whom pre-Islamic Arabs considered as subordinate deities. Meccans held that a kind of kinship existed between Allah and the jinn.[22] Allah was thought to have had sons[23] and that the local deities of al-ʿUzzā, Manāt and al-Lāt were His daughters.[24] The Meccans possibly associated angels with Allah.[25][26] Allah was invoked in times of distress.[26][27] Muhammad's father's name was ʿAbd-Allāh meaning "the slave of Allāh".[26]

Now,, did my post hurt your sentiments?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She was for the bridge before she was against it. [ 21 Answers ]

Well, Well, Well, Not Hillary didn't think the bridge to nowhere was such a bad Idea in 2006. Palin backed 'bridge to nowhere' in 2006 - USATODAY.com

Bridge loans [ 2 Answers ]

If you buy a second home with a bridge loan in Nebraska and your first home has not sold what does that mean? Do you lose both properties? Does only the original home get foreclosed on? What would be your penalties?

Bridge course for ms [ 1 Answers ]

Well I herd that if you are having 15 years of education that you have to take bridge course to be equivalent to 16 years of education in usa,is it true?? pl reply me soon.:rolleyes:

Bridge to terabithia [ 2 Answers ]

Hi friends I saw the movie bridge to terabithia and fell in love with it. It dragged me back to my childhood and made me think on the missing links of my childhood days which made me deviate from this perfect teen pairs on silver screen. I really loved that movie and I still think about it a lot...

The Bridge [ 18 Answers ]

Hello: So, you want to talk about the bridge... We've been ripped off, People! Money that should have gone into infrastructure went instead into corporate coffers. Relax wingers, I'm not going to blame Bush... Ok, never mind, YES I AM. He gets the blame because he's the one running...

View more questions Search