Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kickflip_lemur Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2019, 03:55 PM
    What should I get an associates degree in?
    Hello everyone, first time poster here. My situation, I work full time but want to further my education. I want to keep my full-time job (factory work) so online college is the way to go and I hate the idea of four years of schooling so an online college associates degree is the path I want, that much I KNOW. I'm having trouble deciding what to go for. I've narrowed it down to Computer Information Systems/Network Engineering and Psychology. I'm much more confident in being able to land a job with the Computer degree, but it's not something I'm particularly interested in. I have a natural curiosity towards psychology but feel as if it's not likely to land me a job. What are your thoughts and recommendations?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 24, 2019, 04:12 PM
    You will need a master's degree or doctorate to get anywhere in psychology. Check into Social Work. There are a lot of opportunities in that field doing a variety of work with seniors, couples, individuals, children. Even with online classes, you possibly will do an internship, depending on the college and the program. And psychology courses will be included.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2019, 06:50 PM
    Agreed, a psychology associate degree (do they even have such a thing) has little value except it is a 2 year degree.

And if you don't like computer work, don't do that. The real issue is, what do you want to do, then follow that path. Not for the high money (many jobs requiring college degrees are not always that high paying) but a job you will enjoy doing.

And the issue of online, you can do it over years and years and years. So with life, you can have long term goals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Associates Degree [ 3 Answers ]

I will be getting my associates degree in aug. 2013 and I have been researching jobs in the accounting field and all require a bachelors or master degree and a few years of experience. Where do I start in looking for a job in the field if those are the requirements I haven't obtained yet. I can't...

Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Has anyone found a good school online for an Associates in Nursing? Or at least start Nursing prerequisites? Thanks

An Associates Degree in Psychology [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in classes for a degree in psychology and will be graduating with an associates degree within the next year. I am interested in following up on my education and fascinated in the specific area of neuropsychology. I would like to get my foot in the door with some experience in the...

View more questions Search