[THREAD HIDDEN]

Don't want to be evicted

Asked Jan 27, 2008, 11:18 PM
    I do not know if my landlord is in foreclosure and to whom I should pay my rent. She told me she was but says she is not now and wants this months rent. I received a 3 Day notice today but the name on it was not my landlords. Is this legal for someone else to ask me to quit or pay? How long do I have to find another place? I just want out of this mess!!

Last edited by cadet69; Jan 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Search this Question

Tenat evicted me! [ 10 Answers ]

A "friend" and I moved into a house in Oklahoma. Her name is on the lease, mine is not. I paid of all the bills and half of the deposit and she paid the other half. One day out of nowhere she sent me a text message, of all things, saying I had less than 2 weeks to get my things out because she had...

Getting Evicted [ 6 Answers ]

Here's the situation. There's a 1 year lease with 9 months remaining. The property was sold and you have 3 weeks to get out because the new landowner is demo'ing the house. Can this legally happen? Their lawyers say there is no lease with the new landowners so be lucky you have 3 weeks to get...

Being evicted [ 3 Answers ]

I have been a tenant for about 6 years. The first year was with a contract and the rest was a month to month basis. The landlord, after six years, wants to evict me. He sent a written paper giving me a two months notice. I told him that I would leave, but I would need some time. I told him that...

How long until I get evicted [ 2 Answers ]

For the last 3 years I have lived and paid for the house I'm living in, the house is in my dad's name (he has never paid a dime for anything on the house), this last week we have had a falling out, he demands that I get the house out of his name or move within 30 days. My problem with putting the...