Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Psychics (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Meaning of 111 (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=65452)

  • Feb 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Glimpse
    Meaning of 111
    Does anyone know what 111 mean?
    I used to see it for months everywhere I looked.. I have to admit it felt nice:).. and now I don't see it anymore. I don't believe it was all a coincidence. Any ideas?
  • Feb 23, 2007, 05:45 AM
    RubyPitbull
    I suspect it has something to do with a promotion or promotional event. New nightclub? New CD or recording company? New café? New gallery? New fragrance?

    I have not seen 111 anywhere, so I assume it is something new to your area and they were advertising.
  • Feb 23, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Glimpse
    What I meant by seeing 111 was that when I look at the clock it's 1.11 I accidentally open page 111, my look stops upon a price 111... and such accident looks all the time.
    By the time that happened I was working in a foreign country for a couple of months..
    I looked it up on the internet.. some people believe it means that an angle is with them guarding them... I saw some other possible meanings as well.. but no one can tell for sure...
    I was wondering may be someone has a certain view..
  • Feb 23, 2007, 05:53 AM
    NeedKarma
    3 in Roman numerals?
  • Feb 23, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Glimpse
    Well I can't answer that.. like I said.. the page number for example is in the normal numbers we use.. how often do you get the occasion to see something written in roman letters? I gues you could say its like the roman 3 in the way the 1s are alined... 111
  • Feb 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Capuchin
    111 is the smallest integer requiring 6 (in AE) or 7 (in BrE) syllables to speak.

    It is a perfect totient number.

    The smallest magic square using the numbers 1 and prime numbers, has a magic constant of 111.

    111 is the atomic number of the element roentgenium (Rg)

    111 is the emergency telephone number in New Zealand.

    Swissair Flight 111 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean on September 2nd, 1998, killing all 229 of it's passengers.

    Edit: 3 in roman numerals is iii, not 111 :) - if you have an analogue watch with roman numerals, then you see it quite often..
  • Feb 23, 2007, 06:59 AM
    RubyPitbull
    Glimpse, I love Capuchin's explanation.

    I would have said we have a tendency to remember or connect with logical sequences or patterns more than the random ones. Meaning that if I looked at my clock and it was 2:53 p.m. that wouldn't stick in my mind the way 1:11 does. So, the next time I saw 253 in a book or on a price tag, I wouldn't remember that I saw it on the clock. I wouldn't make any connection because it is random in it's appearance.

    However, with 111, I would remember it because when one sees that on a clock most of us has the same reaction, we stop doing what we are doing and say something to the effect of, "wow, how strange is this? I looked at the clock and all the numbers were the same". And, the next time it pops up, I would remember it because I made myself consciously aware of it. Does that make sense?
  • Feb 23, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Capuchin
    It's also the 25th Lucky Number

    Ruby, I totally agree, that is the explanation I give in most paranormal/coincidence discussions we have here :)

    The human brain is amazingly adept at finding patterns where there is none. (the night sky is almost perfectly random, yet look how many constellations we have recognised!)
  • Feb 23, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Glimpse
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Glimpse, I love Capuchin's explanation.

    I would have said we have a tendency to remember or connect with logical sequences or patterns more than the random ones. Meaning that if I looked at my clock and it was 2:53 p.m. that wouldn't stick in my mind the way 1:11 does. So, the next time I saw 253 in a book or on a price tag, I wouldn't remember that I saw it on the clock. I wouldn't make any connection because it is random in it's appearance.

    However, with 111, I would remember it because when one sees that on a clock most of us has the same reaction, we stop doing what we are doing and say something to the effect of, "wow, how strange is this? I looked at the clock and all the numbers were the same". And, the next time it pops up, I would remember it because I made myself consciously aware of it. Does that make sense?

    it makes perfect sense.. but it still doesn't explain why it started happening at a certain moment whereas I have had occasions seeing 333 111 and such numbers on the clock before but just once in a while just like any other 258 or 396.. it started happening in a certain moment, and quite often, and it stopped happening in a certain moment.. its not like I wanted to stop seeing it;) so it would be strange if it was just my brain...


    and Capuchin,
    Quote:

    Swissair Flight 111 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean on September 2nd, 1998, killing all 229 of it's passengers.
    reminds me of Final destination;)

    Nice ideas, thanks, and still.. it's not like I am desperate to find a meaning of it all.. but I am sure there is one, because I believe our world is created with a perfect pattern which can be perfectly well explained with numbers we just still don't know how.. I was curious about it..
    I did put meaning into it in a way that it did make me feel protected somehow:) whatever the reason was whether a sign or my mind I am sure it was for a reason and I am grateful for the experience...
    A lot of people believe coincidence just happens out of nowhere.. I do not agree though. And just because you do not know the exact reason, it doesn't mean there isn't one..
    may be someone else can give another meaning or sense to it..
    or maybe I know it deep inside.. or may be there is no need to.. fate is a strange thing..
    thanks anyway.. :)
  • Feb 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Capuchin
    It's wishful thinking, and it's good for you :)
  • Feb 23, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Glimpse
    Btw, NeedKarma, what is it if it were roman numbers?
  • Feb 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Capuchin
    He was just spurthign out random facts, like I did :)
  • Feb 23, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Glimpse
    Capuchin, you don't have a lot of faith in things out of the ordinary do you?:)
  • Feb 23, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Capuchin
    Sure I do, I just have faith that there is a reason for it :)

    Out of the ordinary is ordinary.
  • Feb 28, 2007, 12:25 PM
    faithl
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Glimpse
    does anyone know what 111 mean?
    I used to see it for months everywhere i looked.. i have to admit it felt nice:).. and now i don't see it anymore. I don't believe it was all a coincidence. Any ideas?

    This is very interesting - in the UK recently a magazine called 'Kindred Spirit' did an article on what the called the' Phenomenon of 111' - they said that people were seeing the number everywhere, and just like you, every time they looked at the clock it was 11 past 11, without fail, and every time they looked anywhere this number seemed to pop up.

    Maybe you could try Googling it, perhaps look under 'numerology' first, which uses numbers as magic..
  • Mar 5, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Capuchin
    Maybe because 11:11 is midmorning, when everyone is wondering "is it lunchtime soon?"

    For instance.

    "is it lunchtime soon?" *look at clock* time is 10:56 - not notable
    "is it lunchtime soon?" *look at clock* time is 11:03 - not notable
    "is it lunchtime soon?" *look at clock* time is 11:11 - WOW ALL THE NUMBER ARE THE SAME I WILL REMEMBER THAT I LOOKED AT THE CLOCK AND IT SAID 11:11!!
    "is it lunchtime soon?" *look at clock* time is 11:23 - not notable

    Do you see my point? There's nothing significant about it because you're looking at the clock every few minutes. You just remember it because it's a pattern that our brain picks up on. I'm sure if you recorded every single number you see throughout the day you will see that there is a perfect distribution that is explainable. But your brain chooses to remember the times where you see 111 because that's a number that stands out because the digits are all the same.
  • Mar 5, 2007, 04:04 AM
    tickle
    I was curious too, regarding lll and googled it. There is a wealth of information in Google, one just has to be patient and search, which is all the fun. There is a website regarding that sequence of numbers below:



    11:11 O'Clock Explained - what is it all about?
  • Mar 5, 2007, 04:06 AM
    tickle
    Sorry, cut and pasted the wrong line, this is the website below



    11:11 O'Clock Explained - what is it all about?
  • Mar 5, 2007, 04:08 AM
    tickle
    1111spiritguardians.com

    I got it right this time, sorry folks ! That was really spooky!!
  • Mar 5, 2007, 05:16 AM
    NeedKarma
    That web site made me laugh actually. I'll go with Capuchin's theory.
  • Mar 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Glimpse
    Capuchin as I understand from all your posts you are trying to convince me that I have seen things in a way you put it. It sounds a little confused but here is how I see it... Why didn't I notice 222 333 or 444... or 777? Second, as I wrote before it's one thing to see same numbers from time to time and completely different when you REALIZE it's smth more., it's like when a girl talks to you one day and it seems normal and when she starts talking again the next day and you see a difference and that she is trying to say"why don't i come by your house tonight".. I remember when younger every time I saw the same numbers exclaiming "look look 333!" but it's always been something normal to happen from time to time.. but when it starts happening so often you start wondering!:) By the way, I do not have a lunch hour,and 1.11 can be morning as well. Plus we are nt talking just about time.. I keep down the Page Down button through an e book and stop at 111 for example. And many more. The mind of a person has unknown abilities, most of them considered to be out of the ordinary, I am sure. If you do not believe such things as signs or destiny exist it's fine keep it for yourself.. but you can't say to others "No, what you think is crap"
    About Googleing.. I did that some months ago and found different opinions some of them as in the site tickle posted here. And just because some sites sounded really a little bit too strange or commercial.. and didn't know which one to take as an answer when I found this site I posted the question expecting someone to have found the ultimate answer. But as it turned out I realized just when I posted it that everyone should find the meaning for ones self cause if it was some universal happening even Capuchin would have had this experience.. obviously he hasn't. So he can't know. I also thought looong time ago that acupuncture was some supernatural thing.. but when it helped me recover from a serious injury I realised how earthly it was. And it's not a very appropriate example, but its a way to see how people's ideas change with experience.
    I also looked for numerological meaning, but its just so many results.. it would be so much easier if you knew someone who understands form these things.. may be even easier to learn it yourself then Google it:}
  • Mar 5, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Capuchin
    You didn't realise 222 or 333 because you were looking for 111.

    Like you say, the brain has extraordinary powers - powers of pattern recognition.
  • Mar 10, 2007, 07:01 PM
    babs111
    Ok This may sound strange. I see the number all the time as well as per my screen name. There are websites that tell you more about it. It is SUPPOSED to be a holy number of sorts. Father, son and Holy Ghost. It is to be a number sent by your guardian angel letting you know you are on the right path.
  • Mar 10, 2007, 08:34 PM
    user812
    I think you should run out tonight and play the lottery - quick before they close!
  • Apr 9, 2007, 11:52 PM
    slivermoon22
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Glimpse
    What i ment by seeing 111 was that when i look at the clock it's 1.11 i accidently open page 111, my look stops upon a price 111...and such accident looks all the time.
    By the time that happened i was working in a foreign country for a couple of months..
    i looked it up on the internet.. some people believe it means that an angle is with them guarding them... i saw some other possible meanings as well.. but no one can tell for sure...
    i was wondering may be someone has a certain view..


    Hello

    I have been seeing 1:11 for about a week, every night.
    Tonight I missed it, but then, I went into the kitchen and noticed it was 1:38.

    Or

    1:11 :-)


    It means all is well, you are on the right track, and fully protected, do not be afraid.

    Sheree
  • Apr 9, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Capuchin
    Looks like all was not well last night then. Impending disaster perhaps?
  • Apr 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
    tickle
    111 is the atomic number of the element roentgenium (Rg)

    Wow, that is so astounding !
  • Apr 13, 2007, 11:38 PM
    toolstarr
    You are supposed to make a wish at 1:11, 11:11, 12:12, 10:10, so on...
    But I must say there is something special about the muliple ones... so much so - I got married on 11/11... and one place we looked at getting married at- the man had 11:11 tattooed on this ankle... its also a special day in fairy land... if you're into that... but that is 11/11- not 1:11- but my hubby and I say " i love you " to each other when its 1:11, or 11:11... so to us - its kind of the same.
  • Oct 29, 2007, 01:54 PM
    Savage111
    This is freaky, this has been happening to me for a few years, it's really annoying me, which is why I looked it up on Google and arrived here. I see it on clocks, bus numbers, license plates, page numbers, phone numbers, price tags, bar codes, the number of people somewhere, TV stations, a ticket, house numbers, room numbers, seat numbers, I'll turn on a cricket match, rugby match, gaelic football match, hurling match, aussie rules match or an american football game for the first time on TV and the score will have 111 in it or just as I look at a game on the TV the clock ticks over to 01:11 or 11:10, everywhere... aaaagghh!! I keep looking out for anything that happens on a day I see the numbers that I can link to something that happened in another day when I saw them! Maybe I'm just being overly superstitious!!
  • Oct 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
    Savage111
    Ok, this isn't a joke, but when I left the last message, I turned off the computer and turned on the news and the time on the screen was eleven minutes past nine p.m. or 21:11. I then went into my kitchen and got bored, so I decided to play with our new weighing scales for no reason, I just got bored, and guess how much a viscount biscuit, a kiwi fruit and a small halogen lightbulb weigh...
    <<--yep, 111 grams! AAAAGGHH!!
  • Oct 29, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Capuchin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Savage111
    Ok, this isn't a joke, but when I left the last message, I turned off the computer and turned on the news and the time on the screen was eleven minutes past nine p.m. or 21:11. I then went into my kitchen and got bored, so I decided to play with our new weighing scales for no reason, I just got bored, and guess how much a viscount biscuit, a kiwi fruit and a small halogen lightbulb weigh....
    <<--yep, 111 grams! AAAAGGHH!!!!

    What else did you weigh?
  • Oct 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Savage111
    Nothing, I weighed them all at once, I just threw random objects that were beside the scales on together...
  • Oct 30, 2007, 02:04 PM
    N0help4u
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Glimpse
    does anyone know what 111 mean?
    I used to see it for months everywhere i looked.. i have to admit it felt nice:).. and now i don't see it anymore. I don't believe it was all a coincidence. Any ideas?

    They talk about how everybody is seeing 111 everywhere on COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY
    They haven't come up with its significance either.
  • Nov 4, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Chloe246
    Have you heard of angel numbers? Dr. Doreen Virtue's book Healing With Angels describes this in detail. A lot of people are seeing triple digits. I copied this-

    Now, here is a thumbnail explanation of the number sequences that the angels use to communicate with us:

    Whenever you see the sequence 111 or 1111 show up, it is a great sign of a golden opportunity. Both sequences mean that a "doorway" has opened up in which your intentions and goals will manifest extremely quickly. The Angels have taught me to focus my thoughts and intentions whenever I see 111 or 1111, almost like making a wish when a cake with candles is presented to you.

    In addition, you may notice that 1's show up next to other numbers. The other numbers mean something, too. Anytime you see the number "4" next to 1's, it is a sign that the Angels seek to help you to manifest your heart's desire. For instance, 114, 411, etc. Four ones -- 1111 -- which adds up to "4" means that the angels want you to ask them to get involved with manifesting, especially when the manifesting involves your life's purpose or giving service to the world.
  • Nov 4, 2007, 01:03 PM
    N0help4u
    Yeah they say when your phone rings and the caller ID is 111 it is a deceased loved one is
  • Dec 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
    godtouch
    Okay this is really weird... for some reason I've been seeing 111 for the past year, and trust me I don't try to look for it, its everywhere, and e-mails, the clock, book pages, when I leave to go outside, the channel on TV... dats just a few places I've seen this number... so I went online to start finding answers and I found this page... I don't know what it means are what to do... this is really real for the people who deny or feel that its my brain remembering the pattern... help...
  • Dec 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
    N0help4u
    Here are some sites

    Seeing 1:11 or 11:11 everywhere you look? - amazing.com

    111 Experiences ...Are you seeing them too?

    Check this site because their radio show will probably be the first to have the sure explanation.

    COAST TO COAST AM WITH GEORGE NOORY
  • Dec 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
    NeedKarma
    I have been seeing snow a lot everywhere I go. It's outside my window, on my car, on buildings where I go. Is this a loved one trying to contact me? I live in the northeast.
  • Dec 29, 2007, 10:40 AM
    N0help4u
    Actually it is the angels have dandruff
  • Jan 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
    paula1210
    I have always seen 111 and 1111. For the last few years...
    I just came out to LA for a work trip and had a lot of anxiety about traveling alone. When I check in to the hotel, I get put in room 111. Today happens to be 1/11 so it make me curious as to what the meaning could be especially because Im staying in room 111... thats what brought me to this site.

    Since I've been out here Ive seen 11:11 and 1:11 more then ever on the clocks.

    I know it has to mean something!! :confused:

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM.