Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Body Art (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   What kind of mouthwash is best for a tongue piercing? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=634326)

• Feb 8, 2012, 10:17 AM
    katXD
    What kind of mouthwash is best for a tongue piercing?
    I had mine done like 6 days ago. And Someone told me not to use mouthwash that has alcohol in it, because it gets infected, but the perfessional that did my tonuge told me to use mouthwash with alcohol. So do I use the nonacohol mouthwash or keep using the alcohol mouthwash. And I also have white stuff that comes out around the hole, but it don't hurt! Also I have a indent around the ring will that soon go away?
  • Feb 10, 2012, 06:43 PM
    kimy_lovve
    Do not use any mouth wash. The alcohol may make it swell more or become more prone to infection. Take a small glass of warm water and put about 2 tablespoons of rock salt or sea salt into it.let dissolve. Rinse mouth out with salt water for about 1 minute(:
  • Feb 10, 2012, 06:46 PM
    kimy_lovve
    And by the way yes, the indent around your toung ring WILL go away in a about a week or two. It is just like that because of the swelling put pressure around the ball area of the piece of jewellery. It may also get indents along the sides in a lined sort of pattern. This is because the swelling is pushing against your teeth. The swelling and the indents are just part of the swelling process. Nothing to worry about.they will disappear in time.
  • Feb 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
    cutiepie06
    First off... the indent is normal. It won't go away while you have the bar in there, because that's where the ball sits. If you decide to take it out someday, permanently, the indent should go away within 2 days. The white stuff... around the hole... that's probably caused by the alcoholic mouthwash--so lay off the alcoholic mouthwash. I used a warm-sea salt water solution to rinse my mouth and sometimes a non-alcoholic mouthwash during the first couple of weeks. Right now, I just use mouthwash with LIGHT alcohol. Piercers are different, but I think it's common sense to not use any alcohol of any kind on any piercings.
  • Feb 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
    cutiepie06
    kimy_lovve: I've had my tongue ring for over a year and my indent is still there, so it's not from the swelling of the tongue. It's from the ball resting on your tongue while you're tongue is inside the mouth.
  • Apr 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Lillih
    You should use mouthwash with no alcohol. I use oral-B
  • Jun 12, 2012, 05:16 PM
    hollielollypop
    When I got mine the lady told me to get listerine the blue one
  • Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Gingeebugz
    I hate these forums cause there is so many different answers.

I just got my tongue pierced 3 days ago. 4 technically but I got it done at 5pm so that's about a half day . So I say 3 FULL days, mine also has a bit of white stuff coming out of it, and the indent. Ive been using crest alcohol free because that's what MY piercer told me to use. Ive also used salt water from time to time because I heard that heals the hole up faster.

I recently burnt myself with soup so my life is even more miserable. Lol someone told me to use "hexalen mouthwash" but it is a subscribed over the counter thing.

I really just want this swelling and pain to be over with but I really do think it just takes at least a week :(
  • Nov 9, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Gingeebugz
    ALSO, Ive been taking advil about 3 times a day... and it REALLY seriously helps the pain go away for me!! I woke up earlier almost crying.. ate, and took 3 advil and an hour later it doesn't hurt at all. Its what's been helping me survive lately!!