Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Scanners (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   How do you attach more than one item using the scan direct to email feature. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=175359)

• Jan 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
    BruJan
    How do you attach more than one item using the scan direct to email feature.
    The CanoScan liDE 60 scanner has a scan direct to email featrure which is fine except only one item can be attached to one email. So if you want to attach three items you have to send three emails. Is there a solution or is this just the way it is with this inexpensive but capable scanner?
  • Jan 22, 2008, 07:37 PM
    seahwk83
    What type of files are you trying to send? Doc, tif, pics, etc..?
  • Jan 23, 2008, 01:25 PM
    BruJan
    Thanks Seahawk,
    Mostly I am attaching word documents to emails although occasionally I might attach a picture. The scan direct to email is handy but it seems like there should be a way to make two attachments to the same email.
  • Jan 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
    seahwk83
    The easiest way to do this I guess would be to use your email and attach how ever many docs you want to email.

This info is not for your specific scanner but it may help

Quote:

The 'Scan & Fax' function in COMMUNICATE! DELUXE program will allow you to send single pages. If you need to scan multiple pages, then you will have to break the process into two steps.

Scan images
    Right click on the COMMUNICATE! DELUXE main phone interface. Go into 'File' and then click on 'Scan Image'. This will prompt you for a filename. Type scan2.tif (notice the path where this file is being saved).
    Then go through the scanning procedure.
    Repeat the above scanning process for other documents and give different names for different documents e.g. scan3.tif scan4.tif etc.

Fax
    Once all the pages have been scanned, click on 'Send Fax' button. Click on 'Insert' button for Files-to-send. Find those scanned files (scan2.tif etc.) and add to the Send dialog.
    Hope this help in some way
  • Sep 26, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Johnny_walts
    Thank you BruJan for posting this declaim.
  • Oct 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Scleros
    I'm not familiar with your scanner model, but these are typical options for doing what you desire if your scanner supports them:
    1. Automatic document feeder - feeds multiple documents in sequence.
    2. Multi-page TIFF file format - used in conjunction with #1, or alone via a "batch" mode in the scan software to roll up multiple scans into a single file. The recipient would need viewer software that supports multi-page TIFF files.

Otherwise, as mentioned above you can scan multiple individual documents to file and then on the last document, scan to email and attach all the previously scanned files. But, since you are mainly sending Word documents, why are you printing and scanning instead of simply attaching the Word file to an email? If the recipient does not have Word for viewing, Microsoft offers a free Word Viewer utility. Saving the file in Rich Text Format from within Word can also be done and viewed with the included Wordpad application in Windows. Printing to one of the free PDF creator utilities that supports appending multiple prints to the same PDF file (PrimoPDF for example) is another option. To view the PDF, the recipient only needs to install a free PDF viewer, which they probably already have, from Adobe, Foxit, or other sources.
  • Sep 2, 2010, 03:19 PM
    sdixon0020
    The type I am using is "doc"