Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Windows (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   How to remove rvhost.exe warning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=121125)

• Aug 19, 2007, 11:17 PM
    FONGSC
    How to remove rvhost.exe warning
    When I start my notebook, I get the message

Windows cannot find rvhost.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly and try again.

If I click OK to proceed, I have problem saving files and retrieving files. It takes a long time for the process to be complete. In certain cases, my system will just get hang up and I get the message 'Not responding'.

When I try to access my Task Manager, I am informed that my task manager has been disable by the Administrator.

Hope someone can help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks and have a good day.

Regards

Fong
  • Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 PM
    wtfury
    You may have a virus... found something relating to it at this website;

RVHOST.exe - Program Information

Good luck
  • Aug 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
    lauhieng
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FONGSC

Windows cannot find rvhost.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly and try again.

If I click OK to proceed, I have problem saving files and retrieving files. It takes a long time for the process to be complete. In certain cases, my system will just get hang up and I get the message 'Not responding'.

When I try to access my Task Manager, I am informed that my task manager has been disable by the Administrator.

Regards

Fong

Dear friend,

I just notice your problem, I had met the problem before, and I overcame it at last by using registry repair and registry mechanic. You can buy the installer cd at software saler call system tool,u may get the registry repair and repair mechanic inside and just install into your comp and scan/repair it, your problem will be solved.

Remember, uninstall all your printer driver before you use the above mention tools.
  • May 19, 2008, 11:40 PM
    mashavha82
    How to remove rvhost.exe warning
  • May 20, 2008, 05:00 AM
    mashavha82

Regards

Fong
  • May 23, 2008, 01:14 AM
    lauhieng
    I would like to respond mashavha82's question.

Dear mashavha82, I suggest you using the methods as said below:
    1. download Hijack it 6.0 or latest from download.com e.t.c.
    2. run hijack, and uncheck the rvhost.exe
    3. restart the computer.
    4. once you log in your computer and go to startup program> click "run"
    5. type regedit.
    6. go to hkey_current_user > software> microsoft> windows>current version> Policies >system, delete the command "disabletaskmanager=1" or any rvhost.exe application file.

Or

7. go to hkey_local_machine > software> microsoft> windows>current version> Policies
    >system, delete the command "disabletaskmanager=1" or any rvhost.exe application file.