Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Word Processing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=397)
-   -   WP2000 invalid code page specified (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=186867)

• Feb 22, 2008, 02:01 AM
    growe
    WP2000 invalid code page specified
    I am using Corel WP 2000 document. Recently, when trying to cut-and-paste text from a saved document, I get a small window that pops up multiple times saying
    Invalid Code Page Specified.
    I had the doc password protected so I took that feature off. Same problem.
    Tried to save the doc as a Word doc or a text doc, same problem.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • Feb 22, 2008, 08:03 AM
    xphelper
    Quote:

Originally Posted by growe
    I am using Corel WP 2000 document. Recently, when trying to cut-and-paste text from a saved document, I get a small window that pops up multiple times saying
    Invalid Code Page Specified.
    I had the doc password protected so I took that feature off. Same problem.
    Tried to save the doc as a Word doc or a text doc, same problem.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thank you.

Hello,

Does this only happen when attempting to cut-and-paste using Corel WP 2000 or does the same thing happen when using Notepad on a plain text file. Also, are you using keyboard shortcuts and have you tried a menu command at the top (ie, edit > cut > paste)?
  • Feb 22, 2008, 08:09 AM
    NeedKarma
    Is it possible that you were copying from text that is in a different language or using a unusual font?
  • Feb 23, 2008, 01:20 AM
    growe
    I am using Comic Sans MS - and I just realized that I CAN cut-and-paste to another WP doc but cannot do so to Notepad, email or Word. Nor can I save it as a Word doc so that I could then cut-and-paste info to another source. THis is the case with all the docs that I currently have in WP. Have tried using right mouse, keyboard shortcuts and drop down menu. Very important info in this particular doc I need to use elsewhere so any more suggestions appreciated.

The font response above might be something to pursue further. A few months ago, I installed a Thai font so that I can send and receive email in Thai. And since then, I have noticed every once in a while - very rare - a thai character shows up in the middle of something I'm working on. I hate to do it but maybe I should try uninstalling that font and see if that's part of the problem. Although there's no reason why some new font resting un-used in font folder should affect other stuff. Is there?
  • Feb 23, 2008, 05:40 AM
    xphelper
    Just try uninstalling that Thai font first, then reboot and test to make sure it wasn't causing any problems. Let us know the results.
  • Feb 28, 2008, 07:14 AM
    growe
    I am currently traveling but will be home, back in the states soon, and will try uninstalling this font. Thanks for your comments - will get back to you later with results or new question.