Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Men's Health (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Low testosterone, Testosterone Replacement Therapy advice? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=736610)

• Feb 28, 2013, 01:48 AM
    greentree30
    Low testosterone, Testosterone Replacement Therapy advice?
    I've complained on here before about my husband's low libido. Well he finally got his testosterone checked and it was barely in the normal range. From what I've found online it is definitely too low but insurance tends to only cover it if the number is lower than 250. His number is 268. The "normal" range is 250-1000. But I've read a lot of info online that says any number under 400 (and definitely under 300) is low and can cause symptoms. He definitely has every symptom there is. It's not just low libido though. He has always complained since I've known him (10 years) that he sometimes feels "weak" or that his muscles feel weak (for no reason at all). I don't think that's normal unless you've worked out or something. He seems to get mentally exhausted really easy. Stressed, anxiety, depression. His memory is terrible. He's tried antidepressants but they never work. I think it's because he isn't low with serotonin, I think it's the low testosterone that causes the anxiety and depression.

I'm not sure the question I'm asking, but I just know he'd feel a lot better mentally if he did something about this. We have an appointment next week to talk to the doctor about his results. But I'm pretty sure the doc is going to say it isn't low enough to get covered by insurance. I don't know what to do if this is the case. He gets worried sometimes about losing his job. And I just know he wouldn't make the mistakes he makes at work if his memory, concentration, and anxiety were better. His memory is shot and he really needs that for his job. And he gets overwhelmed really easily. I just truly have a gut feeling increasing his testosterone could really help him in so many ways.

The problem is he doesn't seem all that concerned. He says he's scared to take something for it. And he said "what if it changes my personality?"

So if the doctor brushes him off and the insurance won't cover it, what can we do? Wait until the number is low enough? That could be a year from now.. I'm so frustrated that he doesn't seem to be concerned about it, and would just rather ignore it. It's not just about low libido. I think it really affects him all around. Especially his job.

Sorry this is so long. Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone know of a good testosterone supplement that is over the counter?

Anyone that's been on TRT, please tell me your experience!
  • Feb 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
    tickle
    Hi greentree, after reading your post I actually had a brain wave and thought I might suggest homeopathic medicine to explore your husbands need for testosterone therapy. It is certainly a more comfortable approach then regular science in this regard.

Homeopathic medicine is a science now that treats the whole body. I found a website that explains the use of homeopathic medicine in this regard that you may find an option, if, of course your doctor has not ideas, but just the same this is something you can explore even before you take that route.

When you call up this website eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com › Family Health please enteer 'homeopathic testosterone medicine' to get to the proper chapter.

You could probably find a practitioner in your own area by just using Google.
  • Mar 1, 2013, 09:13 PM
    greentree30
    Thanks so much Tickle!! :)