Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Why is my furnace not firing up? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=352954)

• May 12, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Donat
    Why is my furnace not firing up?
    My goodman furnace is not firing up. It turns on but it's not firing up so there's no heat coming out. Have dad this problem for about a month now. Please help, my house is freezing cold! Thank you...
  • May 12, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Joshdta

What does it do when it turns on? Look at the bottom door for a flashing light
  • May 12, 2009, 04:02 PM
    mygirlsdad77

Going to need a little more info. Is this a newer goodman or an old one? 80 or 90 percenter. Lot of things it could be, but with help from you, we will narrow it down and try to get it fixed.
  • May 13, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Donat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    what does it do when it turns on? look at the bottom door for a flashing light

I could hear the furnace turns on but it's not lighting up like it usually does. The house was built in 2005.
  • May 13, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Donat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    gonna need a little more info. Is this a newer goodman or an old one? 80 or 90 percenter. Lot of things it could be, but with help from you, we will narrow it down and try to get it fixed.

The house was built in 2005. I could hear the furnace turns on but it's not firing up and nothings coming out from the vent. Thanks
  • May 13, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Joshdta

Did you look for the fault code itn the bottom door?
  • May 13, 2009, 06:57 PM
    mygirlsdad77

Please do as Josh asked. If you look in the sight glass on the bottom door, you should be able to see a red light, please let us know if you see it, and let us know if it is flashing or on steady. If it is flashing, please let us know how many times it flashes before there is a puase in flashes, then it will start flasing the same number of times over and over.
  • May 14, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Donat
    Quote:

Nothings happening at the bottom door but I looked on the top right upper corner and the light (DS1 or DS2?? Botton) blinks 3 times at a time.
  • May 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
    Donat
    Quote:

please do as Josh asked. If you look in the sight glass on the bottom door, you should be able to see a red light, please let us know if you see it, and let us know if it is flashing or on steady. If it is flashing, please let us know how many times it flashes before ther is a puase in flashes, then it will start flasing the same number of times over and over.

Nothings happening at the bottom door but I looked on the top right upper corner and the light (DS1 or DS2?? Botton) blinks 3 times at a time.
  • May 14, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Donat
    Quote:

please do as Josh asked. If you look in the sight glass on the bottom door, you should be able to see a red light, please let us know if you see it, and let us know if it is flashing or on steady. If it is flashing, please let us know how many times it flashes before ther is a puase in flashes, then it will start flasing the same number of times over and over.

As I said nothings happening to the light at the bottom. Is this mean that I need to replace the hot surface ignitor?
  • May 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Donat
    Quote:

As I said nothings happening to the light at the bottom. Is this mean that I need to replace the hot surface ignitor?
  • May 14, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Joshdta

Do you hear gas going into the unit? If so you probably need a ignitor. If not you probably have a pressure switch problem
  • May 14, 2009, 05:20 PM
    mygirlsdad77

This must be a downflow furnace? Take the top cover off and there should be a place on the inside of door that will tell you what the three flash code means. Please let us know if you find it.

I believe the three flash means pressure switch stuck open. Check to make sure vent intake and exhuast are not partially plugged. Also check to make sure pressure switch hoses and inlets are not plugged make sure there is no water in the hoses. You should have a rubber clamp that hooks the exhuast to the draft inducer. Try removing this and see if it works. If it does it means you have a plugged exhuast pipe. Make sure to hook the clamp back up right away, as it is very dangerous to run the system this way for any amount of time(other than for trouble shooting). Let us know what you find.