Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Languages (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Translate name into Sanskrit (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=282722)

• Nov 19, 2008, 05:59 AM
    izmo
    Translate name into Sanskrit
    Hi I need a name translated in Sanskrit:

Can Steve be translated plese?
    Thanks
    Xxx
  • Nov 23, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Clough

Hi, izmo!

I seem to have had some reasonably good success using the following site. Sanskrit Dictionary for Spoken Sanskrit I do wish that we had a designated expert here in translating words into Sanskrit. However, every once in awhile, there are a couple of people that show up who really know their stuff about translating written names, words and sentences from other languages into the written Sanskrit. Hopefully, someone like that will come along and notice your post.

You may have to try the site above in the different ways that are available and maybe also try some things that are suggested on it in order for you to be successful.

There is also another site that you could try. It would be the following one. Free Online Translations to Sanskrit, Hindi & Marathi for Tattoos, Names & Sentences

I think that the guy that runs it is the same one that comes around here, now and then, to answer very finely concerning questions like the one that you have.

It's my understanding, that there is also a way to contact people on either site to get help.

Thanks!
  • Nov 28, 2008, 01:31 AM
    supriya _82
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by izmo View Post
    Hi I need a name translated in Sanskrit:

can Steve be translated plese?
    thanks
    xxx

'Steve' is easy

Attachment 14060
  • Nov 28, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Clough

I do always like your nice and big displays of the translations, supriya _82! It does help the original poster when translations are displayed that way!

Thanks!
  • Nov 28, 2008, 08:11 PM
    supriya _82
    You are welcome!
  • Apr 4, 2012, 09:46 AM
    pdshay31
    Your display of the name is beautiful. My computer does not have the same font though as it cuts off the ends of the characters bluntly. Could you help me translate the following with your font?

Soul mate (which I believe is aatma bandhu, in Sanskrit) and the name Jared

And also eternal love

Much appreciated!
  • May 3, 2012, 10:38 PM
    oyi
    Hi guys,
    Can you help me to translate my BF's name YUDHI into Sanskrit? I want to make tattoo of his name. Thanks a lot.
  • Jul 18, 2014, 03:49 AM
    madhusan
    Hallo.
    Can you please translate the name madhusan into sanskrit, I need it for a tattoo :-)
  • Aug 8, 2014, 10:14 AM
    Akshay Joshi
    madhusan मधुसन
    Maadusan माधुसन
  • Sep 4, 2014, 01:33 AM
    omfigueiredo
    Hi there.
    I want to tatto my 2 sons names in sancrit.
    Can you help me please?
    Here they are:

André
    Mariana

Thanks so much