Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Romantic gestures? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=184900)

• Feb 17, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Moomin
    Romantic gestures?
    I thought it would be nice to have a happy relationship thread on the go so...

I think I have a VERY romantic partner! He is kind, considerate and is always making wonderful gestures!

I just wondered if anyone had any stories they wanted to share?

Here is one from me... As my partner and I were unable to be together this Valentines I got a gorgeous hand written and illustrated story of how he and I met!

:D

(Hope he doesn't get embarrassed by me posting this!) Hehe!
  • Feb 17, 2008, 05:13 AM
    xphelper
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomin
    I thought it would be nice to have a happy relationship thread on the go so...

I think I have a VERY romantic partner! He is kind, considerate and is always making wonderful gestures!

I just wondered if anyone had any stories they wanted to share?

Here is one from me... As my partner and I were unable to be together this Valentines I got a gorgeous hand written and illustrated story of how he and I met!

:D

(Hope he doesn't get embarrassed by me posting this!) Hehe!

Hope your partner continues to provide those romantic gestures throughout your entire relationship. Unfortunately, those types of gestures have a way of disappearing over time.
  • Feb 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Moomin
    We have been together for nearly two years now and we seem to go from strength to strength!
  • Feb 17, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Allheart
    Quote:

We have been together for nearly two years now and we seem to go from strength to strength!

Oh Moomin sweetheart - that is absolutely adorable and he won't be embarrassed. He may pretend (he has to, he's a guy :)... but what he did was precious and you are right, those relationships that should be will grow from strength to strength, and the gestures last throughout the years, they just grow right with you.

So here's mine and it is just way too adorable...

Hubby and I have been married going on 19 years. And for about I would say the past 6 months, actually not sure how long, been juggling some "emotional" issues. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful, I can walk, talk, see and hear, it's some sort of chemical imbalance... anyway... on with the story...

So my maucho hubby - wanted to put a smile on my face... and for Christmas we exchanged our gifts... and I opened up one of the last ones... and it was a picture of my strong macho hubby... sitting on Santa's Lap. YUP :) It is so cute, I just smiled till I cried.
    He stood in line, at the mall, with all the little kids... (and this was 2 days before Christmas). I cherish that picture and him because whenever I see it or think of him standing in that line, my heart is happy and I smile.

So don't ever let anyone tell you that things fizzle out... what hubby did for me, may not appear to be romantic, but it sure says " I love you" to me.

The both of you are so adorable and I wish you both the very best.

And I keep him in my prayers for a safe return home! :)
  • Feb 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
    xphelper
    Quote:

That's great to hear and you have my sincerest wishes for continued success. Please make sure to report back at the 5 year and 7 year mark to let us know how you are doing. I'll probably have old-timer's disease by then (can't spell altzheimers) but at least some of the younger forum members will be able to appreciate your response.
  • Feb 17, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Moomin
    Thank you both!

Your posts made me smile like... loads!
  • Feb 17, 2008, 09:17 AM
    katrina27
    After 6 months togather my boyfriend asked me to leave ireland for 2 months and do route 66 in USA. So we left. On the plane he produced a gorgeous ring. The ring I had always dreamt of. And we got married in las vegas. That was 2 years ago. He is just as romantic and does the sweetest things, we have your fights too though like anybody. We are a lttle bit more sensible now, this valentines was a nice cooked dinner and a bottle of wine.
    He is so handsome, that each day I wake it is his face that makes the day begin.