Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Pregnancy & New Motherhood (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   Unusual period (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=637127)

• Feb 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
    jwilliams46
    Unusual period
    Ok I had a light period that lasted only 2 days and I have never in my life had a period that lasted 2 days. There was no tissue or clots what so ever. I also had unprotected sex around the time I ovulated. Also my period was suppose to start 3 days later from the day it started. I am wondering if I could still be pregnant?
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
    Alty
    Only one way to know for sure. Try a pregnancy test, use first morning urine.

If it's negative wait until your next period is due. If you miss it then test again.

I'm assuming that you are trying to conceive, since you're having unprotected sex, and tracking ovulation.

It can take the average couple 1 - 2 years to conceive once they start actively trying, so don't get discouraged.

If you're really worried, or want a more accurate test, see you doctor for a blood test.

Baby dust your way. Good luck. :)
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:22 PM
    jwilliams46
    Thank you I am just a little worried because I was on the nuva ring 5 months ago and I found out that it can because temporary or sometimes permante infertility and my luck with getting pregnant or staying pregnant isn't so lucky.
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilliams46 View Post
    Thank you I am just a little worried because I was on the nuva ring 5 months ago and I found out that it can because temporary or sometimes permante infertility and my luck with getting pregnant or staying pregnant isnt so lucky.

I know women that got pregnant on the nuva ring, and pretty much every other form of birth control on the market. I also had a friend with one ovary, PCOD, on the pill, used a condom, doctor swore she'd never have kids. She has 3.

Don't count yourself out yet. :)

I understand your worry, but until you've been actively trying for at least a year with no success, I wouldn't worry too much. If, after a year, you still don't get pregnant, than see a doctor. But until then relax, enjoy, and wait.

I know it's hard. I've been there. I have no health issues when it comes to reproduction, but I tried 7 months with my first, and 10 with my second. It can take time. Give yourself that time.
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
    mamaof2boys
    I am currently carrying a baby I conceived while using the nuvaring properly. Definitely possible! Good luck!
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:39 PM
    jwilliams46
    Thank you everyone all your answers have been a lot of help to me.
  • Feb 18, 2012, 08:40 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilliams46 View Post
    Thank you everyone all your answers have been a lot of help to me.

I'm glad, and I hope we put your mind at ease a bit.

Let us know how things turn out.

I wish you all the best. I'm sure that you'll soon be posting with baby news. :)
  • Aug 12, 2012, 12:56 AM
    mimimumu
    I been taking a pill for 3 years and decided to stop last April 2012 and on may I get period every week till June 2 and get my period again June 27 and on month of July till now no period but in last 2 weeks I got some spots with pink orange colour come out.. I'm so worried what is this please help?