Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   I need to finish school, but don't want to end it. (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=4970)

• Apr 17, 2003, 08:10 PM
    orb
    I need to finish school, but don't want to end it.
    I fell in love with a beautiful woman at my original school, but she moved away the next semester because she didn't fit in. We did the long distance relationship for nearly eight months (our total time going out is thirteen months).

So, to show her how strong I felt about her and to try out a different college, I moved to her area of the state, we got a place together and now we are at the same school... happy in our relationship.

The problem is this though: I don't like this place. I have no friends, have little in common with those around me and if I go back to my original school (haven't transferred yet, just on a "visitation-level") I can finish sooner, enjoy myself much more and be... simply were I feel I belong. I don't want to lose her though. We have such a good relationship and if I leave, I think this time it will be too much for us to handle.

Thanks to whomever can help me. I need a clear voice to clear my head up. :-)

~ j
  • Apr 18, 2003, 02:28 AM
    uae_girl
    I need to finish school, but don't want to end
    Hmmm... This is is tough one.
    You said that you don't like the place your in. But you can't leave , because you don't want to loose your girl.
    Well.. To start with, If you really love her and she loves you back, I think you moving back to you original surroundings won't have much affect on your feelings for each other. Right now, you need to have more trust in your love for her.
    I don't think you should be staying where she is, if its affecting your life, schoolwork etc..
    Talk to her about this subject, see what she has to say. it’s a hard decision whether to move or not.
    There's a saying " If you really love someone, set them free. If they come back it was real love, if they don't, you know it wasn't."
    I personally think you should move back , and if both of you were really meant to be, no distance can keep you apart from each other.
    Sometimes in life, things aren't always like you want them to be. But deep down in your heart, you will find the answer to everything.
    God go with you... :)
  • Apr 18, 2003, 12:02 PM
    orb
    After writing out what I wanted to say (which is what I wrote here last night), I simply told her the situation, and remarkably, she seemed to already know.

From your great reply, it made sense to me she would. Its like taking a Polar Bear and putting him in some zoo on the Equator: you can tell they aren't chillin (pun intended).

It was odd though. First, she didn't say anything, then she was excited because that means we can go out, do other things that would (at this moment) possibly hurt one another, then she got upset and didn't want me to go anywhere! She is incredibly cute... I do love her and setting ourselves free will definitely solves those unwanted "what if" thoughts before we committ to each other.

Life is quite CrAzY!

~ Jonathan
  • Apr 19, 2003, 01:03 PM
    uae_girl
    I'm glad to know that your girl understands you! That's the most important thing, that she understands you.
    I wish you all the best, and may God bless you both.
    Keep the Head up!
    ;)
  • May 14, 2003, 04:53 PM
    chaz1797
    You know if you servived a long term relationship than why not communicate how you feel to her and work on a plan that both are of you will be happy, because if yoour planning a long term relationship than what you do now reflects on your future together and if it's going to benefit you both then there needs to be understanding and compromise... Communication is the key to any relationship so talk and work it out. Best of luck and God bless you both

Chaz :)