Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Electrical & Lighting (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=6178)

• Nov 9, 2004, 07:17 AM
    frankamb
    Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation
    I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan.
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.
    The problem I am having is that on the other side of the receiver there is a red and white wire. The instructions state that the "RED RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE RED SUPPLY WIRE", and the "WHITE RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE WHITE SUPPLY WIRE". I have 3 wires coming from my junction box (black, white and ground).
    Where do I connect these 2 (red and white) wires, or do they simply remain disconnected?
  • Apr 10, 2005, 07:39 AM
    Flickit
    If memory serves...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankamb
    I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan.
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.
    The problem I am having is that on the other side of the receiver there is a red and white wire. The instructions state that the "RED RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE RED SUPPLY WIRE", and the "WHITE RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE WHITE SUPPLY WIRE". I have 3 wires coming from my junction box (black, white and ground).
    Where do I connect these 2 (red and white) wires, or do they simply remain disconnected?

... the red is connected to the hot (black) wire and the white to the white (neutral) wire. Be on the safe side and check with the outfit that sold it to you.
  • Sep 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
    usddoughboy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankamb
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.

Can you please answer this question for me as well?