Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Spreadsheets (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=395)
-   -   How to link multiple excel sheets to one main source excel sheet (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=677780)

• Jul 1, 2012, 09:38 PM
    sarsar2121
    How to link multiple excel sheets to one main source excel sheet
    I have a master price list and multiple ( individule ) sheets for customers..
    I would like to , when input data in the price list to link and update to all other sheets... ( I do not want to have a source sheet with tabs)
    Thanks
  • Jul 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
    JBeaucaire
    You can use VLOOKUP formulas to lookup the prices in the PRICE sheet based on the item codes from your PRICE sheet that you manually enter your customer sheets.
  • Nov 21, 2012, 08:07 PM
    vks64
    Please post a sample sheet for reference and another sheet showing your desired result
  • Nov 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
    JBeaucaire
    Any particular reason you're trying to revive an old question with a posted solution already?
  • Dec 7, 2012, 12:10 PM
    varadhu
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    Any particular reason you're trying to revive an old question with a posted solution already?

Sir,

Sorry for the interference,

I want to know, how to use the solution posted by sir.JBeaucaire.
    I don't even understand the question in full. Please forgive me for all this

I believe a illustration would help me better. I have not used these VLOOkup formulas etc. so far. Please forgive me for my ignorance. Actually I too wanted to learn to use the Vlook up formulas with samples. I have a need very much similar to the question raised by sarsar2121 please.

A sample VLOOKUP formula (solution) is what I too expect for the original question. Of course with a sample excel sheet(on the question) please.

I have also posted a similar question separately in the forum please.

Hope I have NOT created any nuisance or problem in the forum.

Sorry for the interference, once again,

varadhu
  • Dec 8, 2012, 02:14 AM
    vks64
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post

Sir,

I am interested in the question posted by sarsar 2121.
    For the purpose, I badly need to understand the reply posted by yourself sir.

Hence I requested sarsar2121 to put up a sample sheet for his question so that I can attempt to apply you're the solution for my benefit.

In such case, I will also request you sir, to give me the solution specific for the sample sheet which I believed would be easier for me to digest/understand and further adoption according to my requirement.

Please do not mistake me sir.

I am a layman in the field of software.

A little bit of sample and explanation would help!

Thanking you
    vks64
  • Dec 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
    JBeaucaire
    Excel has excellent tutorials built in that do an excellent job of demonstrating functions.

Press F1 in Excel and lookup the help file on VLOOKUP.

You should be able use that to understand the function quite readily.
  • Jan 24, 2013, 10:45 AM
    fcf
    hi are all the sheets you want the values to go to in the same workbook?