Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   How long do exes claim new person is just a friend? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=324333)

• Mar 3, 2009, 07:20 AM
    inertia
    How long do exes claim new person is just a friend?
    I still hear (I don't ask) about my ex every once in a while from her people (can't be avoided). I'm often told that the new guy is just a friend. I don't believe it for a second. It just insults my intelligence. What's the point in maintaining the façade? If she is happy with him then best of luck. I know when I meet someone new, I'll tell the world. It's been too long (6 months) and she broke my heart in a cruel way so I find it hard to believe that she is trying to spare me pain now.

I should also add that I tell them it's none of my business and of course I don't believe them.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 07:30 AM
    suddenImpact

I can't completely answer why, or how long it will continue.. but I know exactly what you are going through! My x and I split about 7 months ago now... and it ended with her new "friend" helping her move out. She did later tell me that she was sleeping with him, but only after he left her a month later. Now she is always hanging out with a new "friend" and refuses to say its anything more. Personally I don't care. I know I'm over her now, I don't want her back, the only reason I have to stay in contact is for my daughter.

I think part of them may realize they messed up by leaving, or hurting us as bad as they have, and they just want it all to stop, and maybe still be able to be friends... LMAO, who am I kidding, I think they love to torture us. This is just another way for them to do it, they know that we know they're lying, and it still drives us crazy... that's why they do it.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 07:37 AM
    inertia

Yeah, I was thinking they want us to keep hoping for them. I don't let it drive me crazy. I just find it insulting.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 07:40 AM
    suddenImpact

Right now, every time my x finds out I even hang out with a girl, she starts talking about getting back together. Only until I stop talking to the new girl though. I finally said the heck with that, the last few times, I've told her I don't want her back.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 07:49 AM
    inertia

I'm not even attracted to my ex after seeing her true colors. This nonsense just annoys me. I don't have anyone new because I haven't met someone I'd like to really date yet and it seems like my ex thinks it's because I still want her or something. (she knows and always will know my business). As I said, can't be avoided.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 08:06 AM
    jmw0713

I think you need to tell your friends to stop bringing her up. Hearing things about her all the time is obviously confusing you and making you wonder about her life.

Stop with the he said she said games and stop talking to each other through your friends.

You should not be concerned with what she is doing, nor should she be concerned with what you're doing. You are only delaying yourself from moving on.
  • Mar 3, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Romefalls19

Don't let it get to you, who cares about her new friends, go out and get more new friends and enjoy your life on your terms
  • Mar 3, 2009, 07:05 PM
    De4rest

I think she is afraid it is going to hurt you more if she's back into a rel. now this fast, finding the new guy although in fact in might not be true...