Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   High School (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400)
-   -   Going Into High School! (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=118150)

• Aug 9, 2007, 04:54 PM
    iloveLf221
    Going Into High School!!
    Hey,
    I'm 13 years old and I'm going into High School. I am the youngest person in my grade and this means that I will be the youngest in the school, I'm a little intimidated, does anyone have any advice on what to do?
  • Aug 9, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Eckstremity
    Hahaha don't worry about it. I go to school where some freshman are 12 and younger. There's this elementary school kid taking advanced math courses with juniors and seniors. Everybody treats him the same and thinks he's a pretty cool kid. It's an old cliché, but seriously just be yourself. You'll find friends who like you and soon enough, the intimidation just fades away.
  • Oct 21, 2007, 02:24 AM
    sovaira
    Just be confident about yourself and believe that you can do anything in this world. With this spirit you will be a successful student... you may the youngest but you might be the brightest.
    Best of luck
  • Oct 21, 2007, 07:25 AM
    cal823
    Be confident. Be organised. Do your homework/assignements as soon as you get them and don't procrastinate. It will make things so much easier and less stressful for you. Don't freak out on exams, they actually aren't that bad. Be nice to people. You'll be fine :)
  • Jan 18, 2008, 10:52 AM
    makki
    High school if you wondering about the students trust me you will do okay with them . Your 13 years old you can handle yourself , my friend is 13 years old when we were in grade 9 he was the youngest. He did better than anyone in the grade , had more than friends . Just be your character , yourself . High school is bit different then middle school you must study about evreyday but go and have fun young girl !
  • Jan 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
    13sldr
    There is nothing to worry about, if you have herd anything about getting beat up because you are a freshman, don't believe it, I have been to 4 different highschools, and I'm a Jr.and every school as been the same. But do do your homework as cal said. But other wise, have fun and enjoy it!
  • Jan 21, 2008, 03:12 PM
    iloveLf221
    I really DO enjoy it. I'm on the cheerleading team, and I've found friendship with almost all of the girls on my team, and we're going to regionals soon. I don't mean to sound conceited or anything, but I AM smart. And I find that I fit in the best with the people who are the smartest in my classes. But yes, High School life is better than Middle School, but there are many people here who are even MORE immature than the people at the Middle School, but I'm just surviving the idiots and making the best out of my high school experience, I guess.
  • Jan 24, 2008, 09:27 AM
    PopcornSunshineKisses
    Don't worry too much. People can always tell, it's the nervous ones who get picked on. It's like them 12th graders can smell fear.

-----Popcorn Sunshine Kisses Friend