Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Theater (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Audition Song (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=296283)

• Dec 28, 2008, 04:35 AM
    MariaHB
    Audition Song
    I am auditioning to going a musical theatre company, and so I need an audition song. What would you sugest to be a good song to use for this audition?
  • Jan 5, 2009, 03:57 AM
    Clough

Hi, MariaHB!

What is your voice range and what exactly are they looking for concerning members, please?

Thanks!
  • Jan 5, 2009, 09:12 AM
    MariaHB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, MariaHB!

What is your voice range and what exactly are they looking for concerning members, please?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for replying. My voice range is between a lot and soprano. They didn't reali specify thy just said something that will show of my voice to its potential. I was thinking Another suitcase in another hall from Evita, my only concern is that its not exactly challenging. If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them.
    Thanks.
  • Jan 6, 2009, 02:45 AM
    Clough
    Hi, MariaHB

Sounds like you're more of a mezzo-soprano then, so it's best not to be getting up there too high.

How about considering these?

"Far From The Home I Love" (FIDDLER ON THE ROOF)

"When I Look At You" (SCARLET PIMPERNEL)

"Too Much In Love To Care" (SUNSET BOULEVARD, excerpt)

You're probably only get to sing about 16 bars, correct? Are they going to let you sing one or two selections?

Thanks!
  • Jan 6, 2009, 09:34 AM
    MariaHB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, MariaHB

Sounds like you're more of a mezzo-soprano then, so it's best not to be getting up there too high.

How about considering these?

"Far From The Home I Love" (FIDDLER ON THE ROOF)

"When I Look At You" (SCARLET PIMPERNEL)

"Too Much In Love To Care" (SUNSET BOULEVARD, excerpt)

You're probably only get to sing about 16 bars, correct? Are they going to let you sing one or two selections?

Thanks!

Thank you for thoses sugestion, I will have a listen to them. I can go as far as top G without straining my voice, if that is any help. And yes I expect I will only be able to sing aroung 16 bars. I think I am aloud to sing 2 songs but I also have auditions for drama school were I will only be able to sing one song.
    Thanks again.
  • Jan 6, 2009, 01:28 PM
    HistorianChick

Storybook (Scarlet Pimpernel)

Mama Mia (Mama Mia - its been really hyped lately, but has a great range)

The Winner Takes It All (Mama Mia)

Just You Wait (My Fair Lady - fun one that will show a fun side)

Growing Up Catholic (Nunsense -I've done this one and it really knocks em' dead!)

Even Happy Birthday works! Doesn't have to be a difficult song, just show your range.