Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Inventors & Inventions (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Good Product Idea? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=697375)

• Aug 27, 2012, 11:37 AM
    nishyman1
    Good Product Idea?
    Hey guys,

I am looking into entrepreneurship as a possible career. So what are some situations or experiences where you wish there was a product or a tool for you to use that could fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • Aug 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nishyman1 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am looking into entrepreneurship as a possible career. So what are some situations or experiences where you wish there was a product or a tool for you to use that could fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know what you are looking for. Patented ideas that you would manufacture? Ideas which you would turn into products?

Something else?
  • Aug 27, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Wondergirl
    You don't look at entrepreneurship as a career. You already are that kind of a person and fit a career around yourself.

Or is this, by chance, a homework assignment, and you are trying to elicit ideas from us?
  • Aug 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You don't look at entrepreneurship as a career. You already are that kind of a person and fit a career around yourself.

Or is this, by chance, a homework assignment, and you are trying to elicit ideas from us?

Perchance is it?
  • Aug 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
    nishyman1
    You sort of like a homework idea, more of an idea turned into a product that is manufactured and sold to the public. Something innovative and useful, which is why I am looking at different situations and seeing a product that could solve peoples daily problems.
  • Aug 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Wondergirl
    There is no one product that will solve people's daily problems. How about inventing a drug that will allow me now over 55 to act and move like someone who is 25?

One of the best inventions was the soda can pull tab and then a later invention that allows the tab to stay on the can. Beaches and the grass in parks used to be littered with the sharp tabs that were pulled off and tossed onto the ground. We couldn't go barefoot for fear of cutting our feet.
  • Aug 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
    nishyman1
    I just want people to explain situations where they wished their was something, anything to solve that particular situation
  • Aug 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nishyman1 View Post
    ya sort of like a homework idea, more of an idea turned into a product that is manufactured and sold to the public. Something innovative and useful, which is why i am looking at different situations and seeing a product that could solve peoples daily problems.

I still don't know - are you looking to market a product, invent a product, invent and market, what is your purpose in asking the question?

Do you have money to finance a new product, pay for patents? I don't know what your position in this venture is. Why would I, for example, give my unpatented idea to you? For that matter, why would I give my patented idea to you? Why wouldn't I present it to a company which would benefit from it?
  • Aug 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
    joypulv
    My theory is that if you can't think of inventions yourself, you aren't cut out for this as a career. It takes a lot of work, dedication, patience (and usually money).
    I was watching Shark Tank and a man had invented a truck rack that was easy to assemble. The Sharks liked it and fought over who was going to lend him money but he insisted that it be made in the US so they all backed out. Several investors called the TV show and he got lots of money and lots of orders too.
    I have ideas, but I sure as heck am not giving them away without a contract for royalties.
  • Aug 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
    JudyKayTee
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    My theory is that if you can't think of inventions yourself, you aren't cut out for this as a career. It takes a lot of work, dedication, patience (and usually money).
    I was watching Shark Tank and a man had invented a truck rack that was easy to assemble. The Sharks liked it and fought over who was going to lend him money but he insisted that it be made in the US so they all backed out. Several investors called the TV show and he got lots of money and lots of orders too.
    I have ideas, but I sure as heck am not giving them away without a contract for royalties.

Laughing - I'm thinking (the way AMHD is going today) some sort of earplugs for fingers. The insults would still be there but no one could hear them.

I'll work out the details.