Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Networking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   No local Area Connection (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=612967)

• Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Dazzor
    No local Area Connection
    I basically reformatted my PC to Windows 7 and I have a duel boot on my PC,
    Unix and Windows, my Windows 7 doesn't see my Router and has no Local Area Connection
    In the Network And Sharing Center, although my Unix sees my Router and Works
    Perfectly with it, any ideas?
  • Nov 17, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Curlyben
    NIC driver needs updating.
    Or, if your lucky, simply enabling in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center or Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
  • Nov 17, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Dazzor
    Quote:

if your lucky, simply enabling in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center or Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
    I appreciate your help but I didn't quiet understand what you said there.
  • Nov 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
    Curlyben
    Have you checked to see if the network card is installed and enabled.
    The reference is the location in Win7
  • Nov 17, 2011, 10:15 AM
    Dazzor
    Quote:

Have you checked to see if the network card is installed and enabled.
    The reference is the location in Win7
    And if say hypothetically it isn't how and where can I install it, and how do I check it? Also I don't think it's a problem with the card because my Unix sees it.
  • Nov 17, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Curlyben
    Different drivers between Windows and Unix ;)

Anyway, if it isn't displayed in the Network and Internet area then a trip to the machine's manufactures site would be in order.
    Failing that the card maker would also do..
  • Nov 18, 2011, 03:09 AM
    Dazzor
    Quote:

Anyway, if it isn't displayed in the Network and Internet area then a trip to the machine's manufactures site would be in order.
    Failing that the card maker would also do
    Thanks for your time and patience respect.
  • Nov 18, 2011, 08:50 AM
    Curlyben
    Did it work then ?
  • Nov 18, 2011, 09:04 AM
    NeedKarma
    Here's a thought, he said PC but it could be a laptop. Maybe the issue is that the Unix partition had the Unix drivers good to go for the wireless chipset but not Windows.
  • Nov 19, 2011, 02:44 AM
    Dazzor
    Quote:

Here's a thought, he said PC but it could be a laptop. Maybe the issue is that the Unix partition had the Unix drivers good to go for the wireless chip-set but not Windows
    Its actually a desktop PC, and it didn't work cause I am to lazy to download drivers, I used Everest Ultimate to figure out my Internet controller and went to the Intel website now I need to burn it on a disc but I am to lazy. At any rate thanks for all your help.
  • Nov 19, 2011, 02:49 AM
    NeedKarma
    Use a USB stick, much easier. Good luck.