Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Other Health & Wellness (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Alcohol in Urine Testing (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=188644)

• Feb 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
    jwatt88
    Alcohol in Urine Testing
    I'm on probation and I had 1 beer at around 11 pm. The next day I took a urine test at around 5 pm. Will the alcohol show up on my test?
  • Feb 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
    jwatt88
    I'm a 19 year old college student. It's pretty normal to drink in my situation. I just would like to know if I will pass or not...
  • Feb 26, 2008, 05:37 PM
    rockerchick_682
    Alcohol stays in your system for 24 hours. Ok, little exaggerated but come on, how dumb is it to drink before a urine test? It was only 1 beer so I'm sure you would.
  • Feb 26, 2008, 05:52 PM
    jwatt88
    So the metabolism of the alcohol varies on how much you've had to drink?

By the way, it was a random test, so I didn't know I would be tested until after I drank the beer.
  • Feb 26, 2008, 08:26 PM
    wynelle
    Um... the testing may be random, but didn't you know you had a probation appointment?

And underage drinking is still illegal whether it is "common"; if, knowing it is illegal, and knowing you are on probation, and choosing to drink anyway---that either equals criminally stupid or insipid alcoholism.
  • Feb 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Fr_Chuck
    It will and can show up, it will depend on what levels they allow to pass. This will be at a very very low limits.

But then, they can also come and do a home inspectin, one in the fridge will get you. The issue with probation, is you are suppose to follow the rules
  • Mar 7, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Cass1e
    Depends on what the Drug Court in your area is actually testing for. If they use Ethyl Glucuronide(ETG)Alcohol Testing you are screwed. ETG is a direct metabolite of alcohol(ethanol) and its detection in urine is highly specific. EtG is only evident when alcohol is consumed and a indicator of alcohol ingestion within the previous 3-4 days. It is much more accurate than measuring for the presence of ethanol itself. The presence of EtG in urine is a definitive indicator that alcohol was ingested.
  • Jul 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
    ernster
    Probably best to abstain when you know a test is possible. A couple weeks ago I drank 7 beers, and got a call at 5:30 PM stating that I would be tested the following morning. 14 hours went by. I drank a lot of water. That night and the following morning. I failed. So be careful! Only time works.
  • May 8, 2013, 07:48 PM
    rebamc7
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wynelle View Post
    Um... The testing may be random, but didn't you know you had a probation appointment?

And underage drinking is still illegal whether or not it is "common"; if, knowing it is illegal, and knowing you are on probation, and choosing to drink anyway---that either equals criminally stupid or insipid alcoholism.

Sorry but your attitude would certainly not be very theraputic