Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   Relationship breakdown (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=82359)

• Apr 13, 2007, 02:28 PM
    LettyCol
    Relationship breakdown
    I have recently split up with my partner of 5 years. I love him so much and can't get him out of my head he says he still loves me but cannot be in a committed relationship, he is seeing a girl 10 years younger than him, but tells me he doesn't know how he feels about her but being with her is easy because he can do what he wants and she asks no questions. How can I move on?
  • Apr 15, 2007, 02:49 AM
    JoeCanada76
    Relationship breakdown,

It does not sound like you had a true relationship. Maybe you felt that way but it is obvious this guy never felt the same way. To know that he is with other people just because he is free tells me that he would never be committed and tells you that you should not be looking for something in him that he does not have.

What happened in all those 5 years. He was probably out cheating on you the whole time. Just because he does not want to answer to anybody, just because he wants to be free to hook up with anybody without you questionioning him that tells me everything about his character. What took you so long?

As far as he still loves you. That is a big pile of manure crap that I ever heard in my life. I know it might have sounded bad but all I am trying to say is if he can not commit and he does not want to answer to anybody and he is pretty much a player, sorry but he does not really love you.

Joe
  • Apr 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
    mckenzie134
    He definitely doesn't love you anf has probably been cheating for the 5 years I'm a guy and I'm sorry to say that, but I was with a girl for 4 years and was doing similar things and said I loved her I was young not an excuse but that's just how it ois when your 20 I was not ready and he is definitely not worth losing any sleep over he is an arsehole and I will tell you now this is for the best he will want you back when he has had enough of her his only with her for the sex. Forget about him although I know it is very hard my girlfriend dumped me a month ago cause she needed time and space to think about things and everyone said to leave hr alone and she will miss you and I bugged her for a month but now I'm leaving her alone its all you can do if they return I will be happy I love her and she is faithful to me but she needs time . Your guy his just a bit of a ser you will find someone heaps better and then you will know what a real relationship is like and it will be great. Apersons character is very important.
  • Apr 15, 2007, 04:51 AM
    talaniman
    The best way to move on is get a life that you enjoy without him. Stay busy with work and meeting new people and trying new things. It seems you were far more into him than he was you, have no regrets, but be glad its over because now you are free to find a much more rewarding life, wth a much more mature person.
  • Apr 15, 2007, 04:52 AM
    sammie07
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LettyCol
    i have recently split up with my partner of 5 years. i love him so much and can't get him out of my head he says he still loves me but cannot be in a commited relationship, he is seeing a girl 10 years younger than him, but tells me he doesnt know how he feels about her but being with her is easy cos he can do what he wants and she asks no questions. How can i move on?

Look for some one yr self and you may move because I have been in same boat as you I know I still love him a bit and says he does but not convinced he wants enough so I have looked for sum1 else and got my daughter to think about now I know its hard because I was with mine 5yrs but I have found it better if move on but find it hardthink about your future you are both not to be if not together now good luck