Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medical Conditions & Diseases (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   How to cure salt and ice frostbite? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=645890)

• Mar 25, 2012, 03:33 AM
    lovehottie
    How to cure salt and ice frostbite?
    What to do after salt and ice challenge to prevent scares, bubbles, or swelling? Please help me it hurts a lot :`(
  • Mar 25, 2012, 04:00 AM
    joypulv
    Time is the only cure. Do not submerge it in ice water. Keep it clean with lukewarm soap and water, don't pop any blisters, and put some Lidocaine or Neosporin or Cortisone cream on it, gently and sparingly, and maybe cover with gauze depending on how likely the top layer of skin is to break. You don't want infection from breaks in the skin. Later you can try various soothing lotions with aloe and vitamin E, but you may always have a scar. Take Tylenol or ibuprofin for pain; they really do help.
  • Mar 29, 2012, 03:27 PM
    mightyrae
    How to cure the salt and ice challenge frostbite: first you get a paper towel and put vinager on it and rub it on your arm, then you put ice on your frostbite
  • May 7, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Jane647
    It was actually one of the dumbest things I've done..
    I did it with my friend, and I had mine on for 2 minutes. It was nasty afterwards. To reduce swelling and redness, you're going to want to soak it in warm water for about 5-10 minutes depending on how long you had the ice-cube on for. It may burn for a minute when you do this, but it works and makes it less noticeable. After, dry it, and rub some Polysporin on the burn gently, then gently rub on some Extra strength skin lotion. I do this before I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning. This is like a one and done thing. Try not to do it all the time. It is very painful. Hope this helps! Oh and if your wondering how long it takes to heal, it depends on how long you have the ice-cube on for. If its on for a few seconds, maybe 2-3 days. But over a minute, approximately 3-4 weeks. It all depends.
    Remember to take care of it. If the skin breaks, rub the polysporin on and rap gozz on it, or a band-aid, to prevent swelling. If it gets worse, etc; Turns purple, extreme pain or gets oozy, contact a doctor for an appointment.
    Take care!
  • Jun 17, 2012, 09:18 AM
    ofwgkta23222
    I did it on my had and on the second day it is still burning what should I do
  • Jul 1, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    How many of us fear for our world, if people are willing to do this type of thing for fun ?
  • Jul 7, 2012, 08:59 AM
    loveyourmama
    I've done the salt and Ice challenge, I did it tree time and two are fine but one is really red with a purple look to it and is killing me, what can I do?
  • Jul 7, 2012, 10:17 AM
    odinn7
    Hmmm... not do it a 4th time maybe?
  • Jul 10, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Cheerbabe123
    I popped the blister/burn from it! What should I do now? Because its like raw and it hurts really bad )':
  • Jul 20, 2012, 04:57 PM
    Arayannanekolea
    I did it and it been one day so far I got 11 frostbies all over my hand don't do it I been crying I can't touch things to hot or to cold and when I go outside the sun hurts I can't even touch the door knob I regret it I got burn gel plus it makes it relief but not for a long time and it itches to deaf I mean like crazy then I was dumb enough that I did it twice on both of my hands I'm just praying to get this off my hands help meee
  • Jul 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Alty
    Wow, so many people doing stupid things. Scary to think of people willing to hurt themselves for sport. What idiocy!

My only suggestion is to stop being stupid, start thinking, use your brain, and if it hurts, don't do it! It's called common sense. I would suggest you all get some! :(
  • Aug 9, 2012, 12:23 PM
    tashkeane
    I did it 3 day ago and I still have marks on my hands I did it on both of my hands and it really hurts... they are like a pinky color please help!
  • Aug 9, 2012, 12:46 PM
    joypulv
    Why are the people who do this stupid thing the same ones who don't read the previous replies? GO BACK AND READ FROM THE BEGINNING.
  • Aug 9, 2012, 12:46 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tashkeane View Post
    i did it 3 day ago and i still have marks on my hands i did it on both of my hands and it really hurts...they are like a pinky color please help!

Help how? We can't make you smart enough to stop doing stupid things.

Live and learn. Maybe the pain will be a reminder that doing something moronic can hurt you, and isn't a good idea.
  • Sep 19, 2012, 04:19 PM
    leahthomas98
    I did the salt and ice challenge today and I think I held it for a minute. I have blister looking thing. It isn't purple or blue but its just red. What is it? And what should I do?
  • Sep 19, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leahthomas98 View Post
    I did the salt and ice challenge today and i think i held it for a minute. i have blister looking thing. It isn't purple or blue but its just red. what is it? and what should i do?

It's a burn, and it will leave a scar.

What should you do? Well, too bad you can't go back in time and grow a brain, too late for that. Now you go to the doctor, tell him that you did something stupid, and hope that he can keep it from getting infected.

The scar will be a reminder to not be a sheep and do something just because it looks cool.

Geesh! When will the idiocy end?
  • Sep 21, 2012, 07:11 AM
    poseidon_22
    Put some Lidocaine, Cortisone cream on it this will reduce the pain a bit and can help for healing then cover with gauze Later you can try some lotions with aloe . Take some pain killers ibuprofin, paracetamol or metamizole. ı hope you won't try it one more..
  • Oct 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
    Alhassen
    What about vasoline will that work??
  • Oct 21, 2012, 07:45 PM
    odinn7
    What really works best is just to not be stupid and don't do it at all.
  • Oct 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
    Alty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    What really works best is just to not be stupid and don't do it at all.

Darnit, that's what I was going to say!