Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Heating & Air Conditioning (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Goodman Furnace ignition not occurring (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=58321)

• Jan 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Walters
    Goodman Furnace ignition not occurring
    Hello everyone, I have a GMP075-4 Goodman gas heating & air conditioning that comes on but no ignition occurs. I have done the minor troubleshooting process written on the instruction sheet but that didn't help. I turned off the power supply to the furnace and turned off the ignition switch and left it for five minutes and powered it up but the ignition didn't occur. I'm confused on what next to do. I don't want to call in a professional only to find out that it was something minor I could have checked myself. Please does anyone know what could be wrong?
  • Jan 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
    NorthernHeat
    Is this hot surface ignition? Does the ignitor glow?
  • Jan 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Walters
    Actually the Ignitor does not glow. I also took your advice and scheduled an apt. with a pro. Thank you very much!
  • Jan 29, 2007, 02:40 PM
    NorthernHeat
    Ignitor might be bad, or the pressure switch, isn't even letting the cycle get that far to turn it on. Probably just a bad ignitor the repair bill should be less than $200 with the trip charge.
  • Jan 13, 2010, 06:33 PM
    turbonut48
    I had the same symptoms, my pressure switch line was blocked with lint. I was getting a blocked outlet, no exhaust flow trouble signal.
    Another time it would fire for a couple seconds, then shut down. It was the flame sensor. I removed and steel wooled it. Fired right up after that.
  • Jan 13, 2010, 06:55 PM
    wmproop
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Walters View Post
    Actually the Ignitor does not glow. I also took your advice and scheduled an apt. with a pro. Thank you very much!

If you are careful you can pull the igniter out and inspect, you will see a darker burned spot with a very small crack init if its bad,, be careful they are very fragile,, if so you could fix yourself for around 50 bucks if you can get them to sell you the part
  • Oct 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
    jehomie
    Goodman GMP 050-3 will not start up. Indicator glows red, temp set at 80, room temp is 75. Pressure switch works.
  • Oct 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
    jehomie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jehomie View Post
    Goodman GMP 050-3 will not start up. indicator glows red, temp set at 80, room temp is 75. pressure switch works.

Jumpered red and white thermostat leads and guess what? The damn thing works!! Many thanks to your site.
  • Oct 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
    jehomie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jehomie View Post
    Jumpered red and white thermostat leads and guess what? The damn thing works!!! Many thanks to your site.

"letmetellu" gave me the check I needed.