Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Management (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Is being a manager at mcdonalds worth it (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=716345)

• Nov 12, 2012, 09:18 PM
    bluesage
    Is being a manager at mcdonalds worth it
    I am 18 and got offered a management position at mcdonalds, I was just wondering for those of you who have been a manager at a fast food restaurant do you think it was a good decision to make or would have have rather stayed a crew member after finding out what it was all about. Im still going to school and after I get my degree ill probably end up quitting mcdonalds, but just wondering if being a manager at mcdonalds was worth it, and if it was why, and if not why also. Thanks for all replays
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Wondergirl
    Is it considered a promotion?

Will you get higher pay?

Will you have more and different responsibilities?

Will you have the opportunity to make changes/improvements?

Will your hours change?

Is there anything about being a manager that you will hate?
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:25 PM
    bluesage
    Will you get higher pay? Yes

Will you have more and different responsibilities? Yes

Will you have the opportunity to make changes/improvements? Maybe?

Will your hours change? Yes

Is there anything about being a manager that you will hate? Nothing I can think of at the moment but I won't know until I'm actually managing
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Wondergirl
    Is there anything about managing that you look forward to?

Do you think future employers will like it that you got promoted and are ambitious, are a go-getter?
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
    odinn7
    I can't really see why you wouldn't do it.

You say you'll probably leave anyway sometime in the near future, so why not just go for it?
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
    bluesage
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Is there anything about managing that you look forward to?

Do you think future employers will like it that you got promoted and are ambitious, are a go-getter?

I am more of a people person and I can't think of anyone that I don't get along with and there isn't anyone that dislikes me that I know of so I don't know why future employers would dislike me getting promoted, I am ambitious and a go-getter I guess? I do what I'm told and don't ask questions
  • Nov 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
    Wondergirl
    I can't think of one reason not to take the promotion. It says a lot of good things about you and gives you a higher level of responsibility, always a good thing.

Now, do a good job and make us proud!
  • Nov 13, 2012, 02:02 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    First if you do good, McDonalds ( depends on the owner of your chains) or even the corporate, have some fairly good positions and to some managers they are offered purchase opportunities.

But beyond that, it will look good on your resume. Remember, that now is when you are writing that paper to get that first "big" job out of college