Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Medications (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Will suboxone show up as an opiate on hair follicle test (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=262500)

• Sep 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
    anja77
    Will suboxone show up as an opiate on hair follicle test
    Hi - I have been on suboxone maintenance for over a year and a half and credit this medication as at least half the reason I have been able to stay clean. According to 12-step groups, if prescribed and taking it as prescribed, you are considered clean. My problem is that I need to take a hair follicle test to show that I have been clean for the last two years.

I know suboxone (or buprenorphine) does not show up on regular urine tests. To test for suboxone, they have to use a special test. I need to know if my hair follicle test will show opiate/opioid usage because I have been taking this. Please respond if you know the answer.

Thank you,
    Anja
  • Jan 25, 2009, 07:43 AM
    cleeener69
    I'm happy to inform you it won't! How's that for an answer? How do I know. I've been trucking commercially for years. I have taken every type of drug test known to man. 5, 9 and even 10 panel drug screens and never once has suboxone come back on any of these test. I've taken to hair sample drug test before. The first time I was worried like you wouldn't believe. Even though I have a script for the meds I was still worried. Well to my surprise I came back clean. If you are ever given a 12 panel test though it will come back hot because they screen for buphenorine, which is in suboxone. That test is only given to Federal Agents like FBI, ATF, CIA, etc. Don't worry my friend, you're good. Listen to experience. Good luck and let me now how your test went. CLEEN
  • Jan 4, 2011, 02:09 PM
    trish5000
    If suboxone shows up in a test, on my hair. How far back will it show. if is ATF, CIA, or FBi the taking it. or are they the only ones that do this. Thank You
  • Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
    moodypeace
    Hello I have a friend who has been court ordered to take a hair follicle test. He has silicon in his system. Does anyone know if this will show up been that it was official ordered so to speak?? Thanks for the help: )
  • Dec 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
    moodypeace
    Hello I have a friend who has been court ordered to take a hair follicle test. He has silicon in his system. Does anyone know if this will show up been that it was official ordered so to speak?? T
  • Feb 8, 2013, 08:46 AM
    Julio38
    No it does not show up on a 10 panel hair follicle drug screen. Passed with fling colors. Also passed a D.O.T. 5 panel drug screen.
  • Feb 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
    georgiagirl45
    I have been taking suboxone for 2 years now and had to go for a drug test for a job. This test was a hair follicle test. Does anyone know if this will show up? I am hoping it doesn't because I do not want them to know I am taking suboxone - I originally started taking it after a about with cancer to get off the oxycontin. Had a lot of pain from the chemo and started to like them oxy's a little too much. Also, about 4 or 5 days ago a friend of mine slipped me a Klonepan the yellow one and I took it. I don't normally take those but I have been stressed over job hunting - would that show on a hair test? I am hoping someone can help answer my questions so I don't have to worry for days in agony and anxiousness. Thank you
  • Feb 14, 2013, 09:49 AM
    JudyKayTee
    The suboxone will definitely cause a positive. I am reading that Klonepan will show as an opiate. http://www.ezklean.com/drug-testing-information.htm

You are mixing two drugs which do not interact well with each other.

Didn't the testing facility ask you about prescriptions before testing you - thus covering the suboxone "positive' result?
  • Apr 24, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Woosh87
    I just took a ten panel hair follicle test and I can say that it DOES NOT show up on the test. The test does not test for buprenorphine at all and this is no joke, so if your wondering it will not show up. If you take a 12 panel test it will show up, thank you!!