Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Criminal Law (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=407)
-   -   On prob.got puled ovr a gal had unnown herb the gal admits it is hers (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=612631)

• Nov 16, 2011, 03:15 AM
    classylady458
    On prob.got puled ovr a gal had unnown herb the gal admits it is hers
    I'm on probation on diversion programa friend of mine had a herb in a baggy the police was an charged me because it was I my car what am I looking at.. the owner of the bag is willing to admit it was hers
  • Nov 16, 2011, 03:16 AM
    classylady458
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on probation on diversion program a friend of mine had a herb in a baggy the police was an charged me because it was I my car what am I looking at.. the owner of the bag is willing to admit it was hers
  • Nov 16, 2011, 03:22 AM
    classylady458
    Quote:

Originally Posted by classylady458 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im on probation on diversion program a friend of mine had a herb in a baggy the po;ice was an :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: charged me because it was i my car what am i looking at.. the owner of the bag is willing to admit it was hers

can I be revolked for an unknown drug
  • Nov 16, 2011, 05:49 AM
    excon
    Hello c:

You can be. Yeah, I know... It ain't right.

excon
  • Nov 16, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    The person is "willing" if they are so willing why did they not tell the officer when you got pulled over ?

But depending on where you live ( what state if in the US) it does not really matter, in Georgia for example, if someone has it in their pocket, but is in your car, you can still be charged.

And come on, it was in your car, not in their pocket, not in their bag, in the car, so you knew it was there.

Now of course what is the herb ? Is it illegal, if it was parsley ( great herb for cooking) nothing illegal.

But I will assume it is a illegal drug or look alike. You obviously knew it was there and was most likely going to help in its use. I would like you to try and convince a judge otherwise.

So you have to tell the PO about the arrest, it is a much more serious violation not to tell them. They may wait till the court hearing or maybe not, since on probation, perhaps just being with this person knowing they had the drugs, is most likely a violation also.

So most likely your diverstion program is ruined, what ever those charges were will most likely stand, and you will face that sentence but the charges for the new crime.

I will disagree what is not fair, you knew the rules, you did not care and did what you wanted and got caught, now you pay the price. Sounds like life in the fast lane to me.