Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Banking (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I just got out jail can I really get money from a bank asap (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=824260)

• Apr 30, 2016, 10:20 AM
    williamsjoe722
    I just got out jail can I really get money from a bank asap
    I just got out jail I need money can I really get money from a bank
  • Apr 30, 2016, 10:29 AM
    Curlyben
    Yes, that's one of their purposes.
  • Apr 30, 2016, 10:51 AM
    talaniman
    Highly advisable that you APPLY for it the traditional way and see if you qualify for a LOAN, unless you have an account with money in it available. Any other way may be illegal.
  • Apr 30, 2016, 12:43 PM
    joypulv
    No, you aren't going to 'really get money from a bank.' Who's telling you this?
    If you see online links to 'grants for felons,' it's a flat out lie. You CAN get education to some extent, but the money goes to the school.
    Where I live, you can't get released until you have a place to stay, usually a half way house, and you have to have a job within about 2 weeks.
  • Apr 30, 2016, 02:14 PM
    smoothy
    No bank is going to LOAN you money without a job and income. They aren't going to "give you" any money either. Now if you have an account with one and have your own money there, you can get that.
  • May 1, 2016, 02:15 AM
    Fr_Chuck
    How do you plan on getting the money, going to the bank with a gun and robbing it.

Do you have money deposited in the bank from before, then yes you can just get the money.

There is no free money for being in jail.
  • May 1, 2016, 03:22 PM
    Alty
    Had to spread the rep for Smoothy, but he's dead on accurate.

If you're talking about a loan, you need a full time job, a steady income, before any bank will even consider the loan. If you've only had the job a few weeks or months, then don't even bother, you're not a good risk. If you have outstanding bills, are behind on car payments, or mortgage payments, or credit card payments, or owe money to other places and you haven't been paying regularly, then you'll be turned down.

They'll look at your bank balance, how much money you're making, how long you've had your job, what you own (house, car, trailer,) your past loans and how you were about payments, if you missed payments. They'll look at everything. One missed payment and you won't get the loan.

Been through this recently. We owe less than 1/4 of what our house is worth, own one car outright, paying on another, paying for a trailer, never miss payments on any of those. We bought a new dryer a few years ago at Leon's. We thought we were paying. We were paying. But they had two accounts for us, a Leon's visa, and the loan for the dryer. We thought that paying off on just one of those accounts (since we used the Leon's visa for the purchase of the dryer we were paying towards the Leon's visa), meant that we were making payments. But no. Turns out we had to pay to two separate accounts, not just the one. We put all our payments towards the Visa, don't even have paperwork for another account, but apparently there is one, which we didn't know about. So now our credit is ruined and we couldn't get a loan.

So unless your credit history is stellar, don't bet on getting a loan.