Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Relationships (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   How Do I know If my Ex wants me back? (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=267925)

• Oct 10, 2008, 11:00 AM
    pitlivin
    How Do I know If my Ex wants me back?
    My name is "pitlivin" and my ex and I broke up a year ago in November. He went of to college and said he just needed some time and whenever I ask him why he did it, he can never explain why. I just recently went to the same college that he goes to and now we are there together all the time. He just recently about two months ago said that he liked me and asked me what the chances of us getting back together was. I said that there wasn't a good chance then, but now I miss him a lot. We have been talking a lot by text and he told me that he wanted to take me out on a date like two weeks ago. I really want to go out with him again because I never really stopped liking him. How do I just randomly say that I miss him too and that I want to go back out with him? How do I ask him if he still wants to take me out on this date?
  • Oct 10, 2008, 11:13 AM
    iFire

Just do it. That's all you need to do. :P Don't think about it, do it. Naturality is the best
  • Oct 10, 2008, 11:23 AM
    talaniman
    YOU- "Wanna go out friday???"

Him-??
  • Oct 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Katho

I'm agreeing with all of the above.. with one additional comment... Ask him out, but do it face to face... not by text!
  • Oct 10, 2008, 11:34 AM
    iFire

If you can.
  • Oct 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Dragonfly1234

Just tell him "you know when you asked me out two weeks ago? Well, I've thought about it and I'd like to take you up on that offer". Or something like that in your own words.
  • Oct 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
    JBeaucaire

College age... not high school. Time to start acting with some backbone. Shyness is cute, but it serves no meaningful purpose except to KEEP you from doing things you should be able to easily do.

Grownups should speak clearly, never overreact, don't fret the future (it will take care of itself), stand up for what you believe with the choices you make.

If you want to go out with someone, you talk about it like it's not the end of the world either way, 'cause it's not.
  • Oct 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Dragonfly1234
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    College age...not high school. Time to start acting with some backbone. Shyness is cute, but it serves no meaningful purpose except to KEEP you from doing things you should be able to easily do.

Grownups should speak clearly, never overreact, don't fret the future (it will take care of itself), stand up for what you believe with the choices you make.

If you want to go out with someone, you talk about it like it's not the end of the world either way, 'cause it's not.

Very true (had to spread the rep).

On a side note, I wish I was that collected and confident in everything...