Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=410)
-   -   80s or 90s kids movies (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=187842)

• Feb 24, 2008, 04:57 PM
    arc
    80s or 90s kids movies
    What is the kids movie from the late 80s or early 90s were a boy and a girl have a dream or nightmare and they fly around on a bed and go to a mystical world I think the beginning is with real people but in their dream they are cartoons and the a part of the dream world there's a good side and a bad side full of night mares (for some reason I remember a box with cookies and a locked door and the needed to get a key)and rember it being kind of sacry for a little kid
  • Feb 24, 2008, 05:04 PM
    vinduizel
    A kid kills a monster with a rocket. The monster comes out of the floor and the kid shoots the monster with a toy rocket.
  • Feb 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
    arc
    I don't know do you know the name of the movie
  • Feb 24, 2008, 09:26 PM
    madisonjay
    Little Nemo
    YouTube - Little Nemo part 5
  • Feb 25, 2008, 02:00 AM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vinduizel
    a kid kills a monster with a rocket. the monster comes out of the floor and the kid shoots the monster with a toy rocket.

vinduizel.. I think your talking about the movie "The Gate"...

You have to make sure that you post your question's in a separate thread, I think your getting confused along the lines cause you posted your question inside some one else's thread.:)
  • Feb 25, 2008, 02:12 AM
    jessb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
    what is the kids movie from the late 80s or early 90s were a boy and a girl have a dream or nightmare and they fly around on a bed and go to a mystical world i think the begining is with real people but in their dream they are cartoons and the a part of the dream world theres a good side and a bad side full of night mares (for some reason i remember a box with cookies and a locked door and the needed to get a key)and rember it being kinda sacry for a lil kid

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Feb 26, 2008, 02:39 AM
    madisonjay
    Thanks but its not a cartoon...
  • Feb 26, 2008, 02:51 AM
    madisonjay
    I just found this other movie you said it might be its "the gate" it not it but it is really sweet
    YouTube - the gate part 2
  • Mar 1, 2008, 11:47 PM
    ashash
    If you can remember the big blimp, and the "pajama" thing he says to make the sceptor work then yeah its Little Nemo.
  • Nov 11, 2010, 09:57 PM
    sarahramsey09
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a 1971 musical film produced by Walt Disney Productions which combines live action and animation and was released in North America on December 13, 1971.

During the 1940 London Blitz, a family of three siblings, Charlie, Carrie and Paul Rawlins, are evacuated to the small village of Pepperinge Eye. There, they are placed in the care of Eglantine Price, who reluctantly accepts the trio into her home. The children learn that Miss Price is an apprentice witch, who wants to use her witchcraft to aid the war effort. In exchange for their silence, Miss Price casts a spell on a bedknob that Paul removed from a brass bed in their room. When re-attached to the bed, it will travel anywhere that Paul asks. Their first excursion is back to London, to locate the headmaster of Miss Price's correspondence school. There they meet Emelius Browne, in reality a con artist who created the Correspondence College of Witchcraft using what he believed were nonsense passages in an old book about a wizard named Astoroth. Browne is surprised to learn that the spells actually work for Miss Price.
  • Nov 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
    NakiBoi
    It sounds like you're describing the movie Bed knobs & broomsticks? I'm hoping this helps you.