Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Current Events (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486)
-   -   I didn't know that leg was loaded (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=608399)

• Oct 31, 2011, 05:14 PM
    paraclete
    I didn't know that leg was loaded
    Things are becoming more bizairre. In a new twist on safe storage a man carries his gun in his prosthesis. He wouldn't have been caught if it wasn't that he was in hospital for another amputation, perhaps if the job got botched he could settle his accounts immediately
    Gun find in fake leg places hospital in lockdown
  • Nov 1, 2011, 05:53 AM
    tomder55
    What ? One would think your gun laws would prevent the illegal carrying of a gun loaded with illegal bullets .
  • Nov 1, 2011, 02:02 PM
    TUT317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What ? One would think your gun laws would prevent the illegal carrying of a gun loaded with illegal bullets .

Hi Tom,

I guess there will always be people who are prepared to run the risk and break the law.

Tut
  • Nov 1, 2011, 02:15 PM
    paraclete
    You could say this fellow shot himself in the foot

Tom I though you of all people would know laws don't prevent illegal actions, they just give the police and politicians something to do
  • Nov 1, 2011, 06:23 PM
    cdad
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You could say this fellow shot himself in the foot

Tom I though you of all people would know laws don't prevent illegal actions, they just give the police and politicians something to do

Then lets hope he has a leg to stand on after its all over!!
  • Nov 2, 2011, 02:58 AM
    tomder55
    Sorry left the sarcasm font off... corrected
  • Nov 2, 2011, 02:12 PM
    paraclete
    It's all right Tom we read between the lines, you saw my response of course. We have good laws, Tom, and responsible people respond positively, however outlaws do what outlaws do no matter where they are, but when they are caught there are laws they can be charged under.

Our laws are for the benefit of the people, not the corporations, who in this place, are non persons
  • Nov 3, 2011, 06:25 AM
    tomder55
    So in other words you agree with this...

if guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns.
  • Nov 3, 2011, 07:23 AM
    NeedKarma
    Quote:

so in other words you agree with this ....

It's a simplistic argument for simplistic people.
  • Nov 3, 2011, 07:34 AM
    tomder55
    And yet there is a whole lot of truth to it.
  • Nov 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

so in other words you agree with this ....

Look Tom outlaws don't need guns to murder people they can use bollard posts
    Comanchero bikie boss convicted of airport murder of Hells Angels member | Herald Sun
    So that agrument doesn't wash as a reason why guns should be available. You see we are not brainwashed by the NRA
  • Nov 3, 2011, 03:11 PM
    tomder55
    I hear the sale of Louisville sluggers is booming in China. The people have no other means of defending themselves and the bats have a nice ping sound when they connect with skull.
    Baseball bat is a hit as a defensive weapon in China - Los Angeles Times

You cannot deprive people of their basic right to self defense. You may think you are making your population safer by banning guns ,but you are not..
  • Nov 3, 2011, 03:15 PM
    paraclete
    The Chinese do a nice line in machettees Tom
  • Nov 3, 2011, 08:31 PM
    TUT317
    Quote:

You may think you are making your population safer by banning guns ,but you are not ..

Hi Tom.

Well, we actually are.

You can compare the stats any way you like but it is obvious which country is the safest in those terms.

Tut
  • Nov 3, 2011, 09:26 PM
    paraclete
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi Tom.

Well, we actually are.

You can compare the stats any way you like but it is obvious which country is the safest in those terms.

Tut

Tut is right Tom deaths from guns halved in Australia after we destroyed 700,000 weapons. Australia has one fifth the rate of deaths from firearms than is the rate in the US, so Tom I suggest you stick that in your NRA and smoke it
  • Nov 4, 2011, 12:52 AM
    TUT317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Tut is right Tom deaths from guns halved in Australia after we destroyed 700,000 weapons. Australia has one fifth the rate of deaths from firearms than is the rate in the US, so Tom I suggest you stick that in your NRA and smoke it

Tom, my suggestion is that we change the subject.

Tut
  • Nov 4, 2011, 04:47 AM
    tomder55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Hi Tom.

Well, we actually are.

Tut

Tell me how you laws prevented this guy from carrying a gun into a hospital ?
  • Nov 4, 2011, 05:11 AM
    TUT317
    Quote:

tell me how you laws prevented this guy from carrying a gun into a hospital ?

Hi Tom,

They didn't

Tut
  • Nov 4, 2011, 05:14 AM
    tomder55
    Exactly... now it's time to change the subject.
  • Nov 4, 2011, 05:22 AM
    TUT317
    Quote:

exactly ... now it's time to change the subject.

Hi Tom,

For once I am lost for words. Yes, it is time to change the subject.

Tut