Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum.php)
-   Windows (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Every time I switch on Yahoo messager my screen resolution changes (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=435484)

• Jan 15, 2010, 06:11 AM
    ALPIC
    Every time I switch on Yahoo messager my screen resolution changes
    I have a new wide screen dell s1909wn flat screen.nvidia... now every time I switch on Yahoo messager my screen resolution chages I have to keep reseting it... every time I start the computer thanks alan
  • Jan 15, 2010, 03:25 PM
    Xapafe

OK Find your Yahoo! Messenger folder.
    (probably in C:/Program Files/Yahoo! Messenger

Find the messenger.exe file (Not quite sure on the exact name, because I don't use Yahoo messenger :/)

Right click the .exe and click compatibility and uncheck the run in 640 x 480 resolution.

I hope this fixes it!
  • Jan 16, 2010, 02:21 AM
    ALPIC
    Thanks for your help... I will try that... your the first person that's been willing to help me.I had that problem a year now.yahoo them self.dont answer you.only for money thanks again alpic/alan
  • Jan 16, 2010, 09:20 AM
    ALPIC

Thanks.the problem is there but I not quite found it yet.. its yudater preperties.all the boxa were un ticked.but I tick the box to run in 265 colours... and I have windows xp pro... and it had for window 95 so I left the tick there... now when I switch on the computer.it still jumps to a big size... then changes its selfwith out me moveing any thing.. so the problem is there just not found the right answer quite thanks again alan I shall keep playing with it
  • Jan 16, 2010, 01:13 PM
    Xapafe

Hmm Yahoo is a very stable program...
    Try to uncheck ALL of the boxes
    And make sure its not running in compatibilty mode :)
  • Jan 16, 2010, 01:41 PM
    ALPIC

IT SEEM TO BE OK NOW.IT COME ON WITH A BIG SCREEN EACH TIME.BUT IN A COUPLE OFF SECONDS IT CHANGES IT SELF TO THE CORRECT RESOLUION.AT LESS I Don't HAVE TO CHANGE IT ANY MORE.IT CHANGES ITS SELF AFTER 2 SECOUNDS.. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP... I just have one other small thing with Yahoo e-mail I don't ever use it I don't like it.buy when I swith on Yahoo messager.it saids I got mail.its only adverts.and I don't want Yahoo e-mail.but I can't find out where to stop it.I have post another.hope some on can tell me that I no you don't use Yahoo messager.. any way thanks for all your help.. alan
  • Jan 18, 2010, 01:26 PM
    Xapafe

I downloaded Yahoo just to find this for you my friend!

1. Click Messenger then click Preferences (Assuming Yahoo! Messenger is open :D )
    2. now click Alerts and Sounds
    3. In the "Alert me when" box click "I receive email in Yahoo! Mail"
    Uncheck the boxes next to "Displaying a dialog box", "Showing an icon in the system tray" and "Showing a message in the bottom right corner of my screen". ANd thre is an open for turning on the sound notification also, uncheck the box labeled "Playing a sound..."

There you go!
  • Jan 19, 2010, 04:34 AM
    ALPIC

Thank you very much.problem solved.thank you for your time and trouble.for me.thanks alan... the problem with Yahoo thy do not help at all.and I am new to computer really and I am 67 years old thanks again alan
  • Jan 19, 2010, 06:05 AM
    ALPIC

ALPIC/ALAN.I am so greatfull for all your help.I no you don't use Yahoo yourself.but you took the time .to help me.. I glad I found this ask me help desk.your I only one that replyed but you've solved the problems for me.thanks again.alpic/alan
  • Jul 28, 2013, 11:33 PM
    vannguyen
    Dear Xapafe,

You really good guy and talent!! I have this problem for few weeks but could not have any correct answer until I search internet and pay attention to your answer which similar with some others, so I suppose this may be the best answer and I apply immediately and the result is perfect, perfect...

I uncheck all boxes and it works!!

Thank you so much, so much for your best help.

Van from Melbourne 29/7/2013